cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Question with 11P

Post by Charlescrown »

I was just going thru my 11P setup and noticed I didn't have the flag turned on for knock sensor failure. What I found was there are 4 flags for what I would have thought would only be one. They all look the same so I ticked all of them. Does anyone know why there is 4 flags and have I done the right thing turning them all on.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Question with 11P

Post by Charlescrown »

It gets even more confusing for me. I find 4 flags for every code I have looked at and some have only 1 ticked and others have 3 ticked. These are from the bins in the 11P package. I am very confused.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Doesn't it have to do with the twin tables setup that you can switch between, so one set of flags go with tables A and the 2nd set of flags go with tables B in the tune.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

That kinda makes sense but there's noting to say that's the case. Why would you need 4 flags for code 14 engine temp high and have 3 of them ticked. What I did with the knock sensor flag was tick all 4 and the car ran like a sick dog with the check engine light on so I checked for codes and there aren't any so I am unticking 3 of the boxes and try again.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yes this drove me nuts and hours of stuffing around to turn off all auto features.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It looks to me like this is XDF error. I'll flag it (no pun intended) with VL400 and point him to this thread. I believe the first one is to enable/disable the DTC, and the next one to enable/disable it triggering the check engine light (masking the error - probably the one you want). The last two look to be a bug in the definition.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Its actually correct and makes far more sense if you use category view as shown on page 2 of the 11P PDF.

There is a flag for processing the error and then a flag for enabling the CEL when the error occurs. There is a pair for the engine code and a pair for the transmission code. The PCM code allows you to mask an error for the engine but let it process for the transmission and vice versa.

It may have been that a case existed where the factory engineers wanted the engine code to handle/process a fault using default values but have the trans code ignore it and use whatever reading there is available. It could also have just been so they could do as they did and use the same software module for both trans and enigne code when checking what faults to process.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ok cool, thanks for the update. In that case i'd recommend hitting F2 for details on each edit box so you can see which is which, and in most cases masking the flag for engine and trans would be the correct option, while leaving the faults enabled so the (lack of) sensors can be ignored.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Category view makes it much clearer what flag is for what function. It makes the whole xdf much clearer and easy to use actually.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks for the info VL400. I have some time today so I will go thru it and see just what I have done wrong.