50 mm Throttle Body

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
v6bucket

50 mm Throttle Body

Post by v6bucket »

I'm looking for some 50mm throttle bodies with an injector boss in the throttle body. I seen an engine with a setup like this at the weekend, which the owner thought they may have come from an Alfa, but wasn't sure. These particular tb's were too small, but hoping someone knows of something that maybe suitable.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: 50 mm Throttle Body

Post by yoda69 »

Depending what you are looking for have s look at some of the 1000+cc motorbikes, especially the twin cylinders, a lot of these run 50+mm individual throttle bodies.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I also looked at this before. A lot of people at least in the states use some Suzuki bike ITBs but I found they were only about 40-45mm and too small, couldn't find anything similar in 50mm unless going for costly ones like from Jenvey.

Example.

https://store.jenvey.co.uk/throttle-bod ... 4-1-inj-xx
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Some of the 4age ITBs are called 50mm but are 49mm blade size just remember the further from the valve the bigger they need to be like stupid big if you have long runners
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

A guy on JC did ITB's and it seemed to go well enough, had a decent cam it. Not sure what throttle bodies he used but I think they were from a bike. I'll ask.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

immortality wrote:A guy on JC did ITB's and it seemed to go well enough, had a decent cam it. Not sure what throttle bodies he used but I think they were from a bike. I'll ask.
Got a link to that???
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Try this,

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/th ... st-2639077

Ecotec running a Megasquirt ECU (Alfa-N), 6x 45mm Blacktop 4AGE throttlebodies, 35lb injectors, built motor with 10.5:1 C/R, small solid roller cam, T5 5spd manual with 3.7:1 diff gears
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

I did not think the toyota TB's had integrated injectors????

I have used Hyundai TB's before but these are approx 52mm and again do not have integrated injectors.

Current project is running ITB for a 308 hidden within a walkingshaw twin throttle body looking "container" with gutted LS1 and Holden v8 TB on the outside.

But again injectors are in the manifold not the TB.

Cheers
oldn
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

delcowizzid wrote:Some of the 4age ITBs are called 50mm but are 49mm blade size just remember the further from the valve the bigger they need to be like stupid big if you have long runners
The Toyota 3S uses 50mm tb but no where to put an injector. The manifold is about 7" long & currently using 2"(50mm) SU's & runs pretty well.
The engine that I seen at the weekend, I suggested that they were from a bike but he was told Alfa Romeo.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

v6bucket wrote:
delcowizzid wrote:Some of the 4age ITBs are called 50mm but are 49mm blade size just remember the further from the valve the bigger they need to be like stupid big if you have long runners
The Toyota 3S uses 50mm tb but no where to put an injector. The manifold is about 7" long & currently using 2"(50mm) SU's & runs pretty well.
The engine that I seen at the weekend, I suggested that they were from a bike but he was told Alfa Romeo.
What is this going on? I know that EFI hardware do a weber twin TB with integrated injector but it is pricey. I think they also do a body to suit a SU manifold. (I love SU's)

why do you wish to change from the SU? If it is to have tuning abilities then you might want to look at the likes of wilson carbs in melbourne for professional needle profiling. It has been a long time since I have profiled a needle but this could get you to the approximate right fueling and then just use the delco to control spark only. It would give you the best of both worlds.

cheers
oldn64