50 mm Throttle Body

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
v6bucket

Re: 50 mm Throttle Body

Post by v6bucket »

oldn64 wrote:
v6bucket wrote:
delcowizzid wrote:Some of the 4age ITBs are called 50mm but are 49mm blade size just remember the further from the valve the bigger they need to be like stupid big if you have long runners
The Toyota 3S uses 50mm tb but no where to put an injector. The manifold is about 7" long & currently using 2"(50mm) SU's & runs pretty well.
The engine that I seen at the weekend, I suggested that they were from a bike but he was told Alfa Romeo.
What is this going on? I know that EFI hardware do a weber twin TB with integrated injector but it is pricey. I think they also do a body to suit a SU manifold. (I love SU's)

why do you wish to change from the SU? If it is to have tuning abilities then you might want to look at the likes of wilson carbs in melbourne for professional needle profiling. It has been a long time since I have profiled a needle but this could get you to the approximate right fueling and then just use the delco to control spark only. It would give you the best of both worlds.

cheers
oldn64
It's for a 202 Holden 6 which currently runs 2" SU's on Armours manifold using methanol as a fuel. I haven't really got any tuning issues
with the SU's it was more an experiment to see if I can squeeze something else out of it, it currently runs 12.16 @ 109mph in an LJ 2 door sedan. I'm in the process of fitting the ecu to run the ignition, just having some trouble fitting a tooth wheel to the balancer as I run an ATI Super Damper which leaves me with little room to the radiator.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

v6bucket wrote: It's for a 202 Holden 6 which currently runs 2" SU's on Armours manifold using methanol as a fuel. I haven't really got any tuning issues
with the SU's it was more an experiment to see if I can squeeze something else out of it, it currently runs 12.16 @ 109mph in an LJ 2 door sedan. I'm in the process of fitting the ecu to run the ignition, just having some trouble fitting a tooth wheel to the balancer as I run an ATI Super Damper which leaves me with little room to the radiator.
NICE!!

On methonal and with 2 2"Su's I would think you are a little restricted. I have tried to calculate the air flow max but my brain is not working properly at present. My old LC ran a 186t with twin austin kimberley su's (2 1/4") and it ran amazing. Wish i never sold it to be honest.

As for your chopper wheel, you might have more success with locking the dizzy (electronic) and using it. Just make sure you have the fibre/nylon gear not the oil pump metal gear. The chatter is too much and misfires are not pleasant, you also look at killing the cam. I know I would be far happier replacing a gear after a couple of years of abuse than running the metal one and killing cams and oil pumps.

just a thought!

Cheers
oldn64
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

It runs 3x 2" SU's not 2. I have a dizzy setup with Camira module but also one of VL400's ignition module's that I want to use with 6 LS1 coils. According to PipeMax a 2" SU flows 310.9 cfm @ 1.5" Hg or 439.7 @ 30" Hg.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Try this,

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/th ... st-2639077

Ecotec running a Megasquirt ECU (Alfa-N), 6x 45mm Blacktop 4AGE throttlebodies, 35lb injectors, built motor with 10.5:1 C/R, small solid roller cam, T5 5spd manual with 3.7:1 diff gears

I remember that one from my searches a few years ago.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

have you thought about using the flywheel as a chopper wheel ?
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

What do you have in mind? I know that Holden used the fw in the black motor & Jeep uses similar.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well theres a few options, one would be to get slots machined into the rear edge (where the pressure plate bolts to) and mount a sensor to rear them, you could also drill holes into the outside, or into the front .....

whichever you do there is no real off the shelf solution, i just thought if you have issues with the balancer area then it might be a suitable replacement.

and yes i thought about how the EST commodore used to have a bell housing mounted sensor.

the dizzy is always another option, however ity doesn't get rid of the issues of dizzy/cam gear play etc, but if you just want a 6 pulse crank trigger a modified HEI dizzy is a workable solution and far easier than the flywheel.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I don't really want to disturb the fw at this point, so I'll go back to the balancer. I think I can fit a wheel on the front, just need to space the pulley another 5mm further out, just got to bite the bullet & make a start. I'm busy working on another project, a replica HJ Sandman ute, you know what it's like, too many projects.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol yep!