Programmable knock board

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
barana
cars: mitz L300
holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special

Programmable knock board

Post by barana »

Programmable knock board preferably two if available.
Since festy has fallen off the side of the planet.
What have ye?
"Its alright for god, he doesnt drive a kingswood.Even the nuns only have toranas"-Ted Bullpit
Me:yeah,corse,God's a Holden man
Mate:whaaa?
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm
A Holden & a pontiac
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Programmable knock board

Post by antus »

I dont think there is anything available. The sensors are generic but the filters are a band pass with a pulsed output to suit the delco, so pretty custom. They also dont work heaps well. Most people are still recommending knock ears and dont tune by knock sensor.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

You can get the plex knock block? They have a software configurable band pass curve and digital trigger, LED indicator for triggers and headphones as the primary feature.

They have a LCD display and show the knock input plot, like a spectrum analyzer I think? sorry I don't know my audio stuff well at all so I probably got the terminology all wrong.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

vlad01 wrote:You can get the plex knock block? They have a software configurable band pass curve and digital trigger, LED indicator for triggers and headphones as the primary feature.

They have a LCD display and show the knock input plot, like a spectrum analyzer I think? sorry I don't know my audio stuff well at all so I probably got the terminology all wrong.
Nope it is perfect... Spectrum analyser works... you are meaning spectrum frequency which is closely related to the nyquist theory. then you get into the whole mutlipass and single pass filters etc etc.

All it is representing is all the frequencies that are making up a sound separated individually by looking at the end of them not the side like a traditional sound wave. This is why they grow and shrink while being viewed as the sound wave changes.

Cheers
oldn64
barana
cars: mitz L300
holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special

Post by barana »

Yep, the Plex knock block looks like the goods,but won't be in the budget for a while.
Thx for the replies fellas.
"Its alright for god, he doesnt drive a kingswood.Even the nuns only have toranas"-Ted Bullpit
Me:yeah,corse,God's a Holden man
Mate:whaaa?
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm
A Holden & a pontiac