BA XR6T - No start issue

Ford information and tools can be found here
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

BA XR6T - No start issue

Post by L67PSI »

Hi all,

I've picked up a BA xr6t, but it has a starting issue. I have had it started a few times & driven it around. However most of the time it wont start. I don't believe it is the starter or battery.

Here is what I've tried so far:
With my OBD dongle I could connect to the car and clear DTC, this allowed me to start it once or twice.

I have removed battery terminal from battery and left overnight, then left key at ON position for 5 mins, this allowed me to start the engine a few times, however this trick isn't working now.

My OBD dongle will connect to other modules in the car such as BEM, IC, ABS. It will not connect to the PCM anymore. Any suggestions? I have a feeling the PCM is faulty or an issue with the immobilizer. Any assistance is appreciated.

Hopefully Rolls will see this. :)

Thanks
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: BA XR6T - No start issue

Post by Charlescrown »

I'm sure your right with the immobilser. You need a good scantool to reset it after you disconnect the battery.
L67PSI

Post by L67PSI »

Have been told it could be the barrel or neutral safety switch. I bypassed the relay and fuel pump runs and starter turns engine over.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I had a customer with a Ford (model unknown to me) a year ago that had the alternator fail when driving so he drove it till it stopped. He had to get someone with the right scantool to reset the security to get it going.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

If you have access to tuning software/hardware you could try reverse both PATS & see if it changes things!
L67PSI

Post by L67PSI »

Just a follow up, the problem has been resolved. It turned out to be a broken wire in the harness that went to the PCM. :thumbup: