vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: 202 LJ Torana Conversion

Post by vlad01 »

Pretty sure that is the min speed to "stop" using the fan as 55Km/h is fast enough to not need the fan. Below 55 the fan is enabled. So setting to 0 will likely stop the fan from working.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

vlad01 wrote:Pretty sure that is the min speed to "stop" using the fan as 55Km/h is fast enough to not need the fan. Below 55 the fan is enabled. So setting to 0 will likely stop the fan from working.
How do I get it to turn the fan on?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the fan temp setting should be all you need! are you using the pin from the ecm as the ground for the fan relay ?

in your dash screen, bottom right there is a high speed fan indicator there that will tell you that the ecm is activating that part of it, if that is the case and its not working it will be somewhere else in the wiring.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

You can test the fan with the command drop down at the very top right once TP is connected and talking. Choose turn on fan and to turn off there is another called set normal or something like that.

That will allow you to toggle the fan at will. There is a bunch of other useful commands there too.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Holden202T wrote:the fan temp setting should be all you need! are you using the pin from the ecm as the ground for the fan relay ?

in your dash screen, bottom right there is a high speed fan indicator there that will tell you that the ecm is activating that part of it, if that is the case and its not working it will be somewhere else in the wiring.
If that's the case, I had 2 grounds to the relay. :oops:
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah most of the outputs from the ECM are the ground side, except for the fuel pump, its the opposite!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Fan now works as it should. :thumbup:
ralcool
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Post by ralcool »

vlad01 wrote:You can test the fan with the command drop down at the very top right once TP is connected and talking. Choose turn on fan and to turn off there is another called set normal or something like that.

That will allow you to toggle the fan at will. There is a bunch of other useful commands there too.
Where are you seeing this menu in TP? It is a feature in a later build?

:study:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Is it not charging volts are low
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I did notice that the volts appear low, the alternator has a large pulley on to slow it down a bit, it was bending the fan blades at high speed, I think I calculated something close to 20000rpm at 7500 engine rpm. I will investigate, I think the alt. is only a 35 or 40 amp unit, the voltage at the battery is ok, will check the connections that feed the ecu, might have to fit a bigger one.