cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: XR6T into VY SS Shell.. AKA Frankenstein's Monster

Post by Charlescrown »

I think the easiest way around this is to leave the engine in the Falcon and just drive it. A whole lot cheaper and less brain destruction trying to get things talking.
megajuz3003
cars: 2001 VU SS

Post by megajuz3003 »

Charlescrown wrote:I think the easiest way around this is to leave the engine in the Falcon and just drive it. A whole lot cheaper and less brain destruction trying to get things talking.

i know, but its not my car.. just been asked to help

Tazzi wrote:If using VZ PIM, BCM and cluster... then you could still potentially use a BA ECU.

One method is to use a CAN enabled microcontroller to read the live broadcast data being sent from the BA ECU, and then translate this to GM specs.

The PIM will then pick the new live data.. to its little translation an fire that off to the ALDL line.

Alternatively is to scrap the whole PIM, and make a CAN->ALDL device.

im starting to think really the only way to know for sure is to give it a go and see what happens
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Charlescrown wrote:I think the easiest way around this is to leave the engine in the Falcon and just drive it. A whole lot cheaper and less brain destruction trying to get things talking.
I’m a holden fan through a through but I like to piss people off by seeing things like this. Do it screw the purists and a Holden handles way better than falcon. Also I’d 808 it wayyy easier than reinventing the wheel little bit more fabracobbling with sensors and throttle bodies but would be a cool little project
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

nah XR6T have cam phasers... and 808 simply cant drive them..
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Oh yea forgot about cam phasers. Any reason you couldn’t drive them with flex table and a driver board?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

cam phasers generally are a feedback loop sort of thing.... your pcm needs to sense the location of the cam timing first, then increase or decrease duty cycle of cam solenoids till the cam sensor reaches target... a bit complex for a simple flex table.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

What about working out the best all rounder timing and converting the cams to non variable setup, at that point you might as well get custom grinds too.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.