Trouble connecting to ecu

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Blown vl
cars: Vl v8 supercharged

Trouble connecting to ecu

Post by Blown vl »

I have had my old computer die recently and have now got a computer with the latest windows.
After installing tuner pro and connecting the cable it wants a driver to install. I have been unable to find one at this stage.
Also in tuner pro in tools menu then prefences I have no data Acq./emulation tab???
Any ideas on this maybe a glitch on install?
Any help would be great
Thanks
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Re: Trouble connecting to ecu

Post by oldn64 »

Hello Blown VL,

the big question here is what is the cable? This will generally denote the driver to install. what ECU are you connecting to and do you know where the cable came from?

cheers
oldn64
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

And... is it tuner pro or tuner pro RT you have?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Blown vl
cars: Vl v8 supercharged

Post by Blown vl »

Running a vn ecu with a USB comms adapter bought off here, cable is just a run of the mill USB cable using tuner pro
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

sounds like you need to get the drivers for the usb adaptor your using, if you dont know what they are thats probably going to make things hard.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Ftdi driver
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

delcowizzid wrote:Ftdi driver
I agree with delcowizzid, but you might need to try a couple of versions. This will be the place to start https://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm but you will need to know the chipset model to have a chance. My gut feeling is that it will be a 200 series but as I only have 1 808 here and that it is in my statesman and without a tuning board I cannot just have a look and guide further.

cheers
oldn64
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah this sounds like windows xp or older if it is our hardware. Windows 7 above dont need drivers beyond what automatically installs in windows. Get the no longer supported VCP drivers for windows xp (assuming..) here https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm or run a newer version of windows, or if you are, let it connect to the internet and install the drivers automatically from microsoft. Tunerpro, oseplugin etc works fine in up to date windows 10, and still in windows 7.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396