VP V6 Calais

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Comcal76

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by Comcal76 »

Done some checking on the cost for a t56 conversion today im not going that way anymore haha
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Turbo 350 or powerglide it lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

That's funny I just read your how to on just commodores today for that conversion haha
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Both of those are good choices. With a manual the biggest issue is getting a clutch custom made to hold the torque and be reliable long term. You are looking at 1500-3000 for clutch alone, pretty much multi plate territory.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Yeah the total cost i came up with for a good solid build was just over $5300.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Just smoked my first skyline today on only 6psi haha.

So I've turned up the boost to 10psi and went for drive I had a big smile on my dial and I giggled like a little girl hahaha, I need to put my lsd in now because I'm not getting grip.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Go for a Harrop trutrac if you can (not the original Eaton one). Factory LSD is garbage. There is also Torsen, quaife and Kaaz.

I made a thread in the mechanical section of M75 diff guide for centers and what gear ratios can fit with them.

iirc Torsen and Quaife were the only that were small enough to fit 3.08, for the others 3.23 and up is compatible (some with minor mods).

I run a Kaaz in mine but have not got the car on the road yet due to waiting forever for others to do their thing. But it should be good, it's like a factory one on steroids. Using 12 stack of clutch packs per side iirc and 2 way locking so with getting some experience with it, it should allow great control in cornering.

The trutrac style pinion diffs act more like stock diffs with automatic locking when slip occurs but have limited fine control, ie like down gearing into a corner to induce locking and thus initiating a controlled drift is much better on a 2 way locking clutch type diff.

Depends on what you want to do really, but the trutracs are great for just normal daily use when you need grip. Locking ones are better for track use, Tasy targa?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

With funds dwindling away I have to stick with a factory lsd I got for free for the time been, it's gotto be better than the single line maker :lol:

Will definitely be looking at the Harrop down the track but i will wait to see your feedback on the kaaz first :thumbup:
Last edited by Comcal76 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I don't know about that, won't be long before it's (if it isn't already) a single line maker with extra mechanical baggage and complaining lol
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

It feels pretty solid but that doesn't mean shit guess I'll find out when I fit and if it's no good there will be a whining noise :lol: