PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
NSFW

PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

Post by NSFW »

As you might have seen in a couple other threads, a few of us have been working on an open source tool to read and write P01 and P59 PCMs.

You can get the latest release here:
https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/releases

Or in the Windows app store...

PCM Hammer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/pcm-h ... tmspjf27tk
PCM Logger: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/pcm-l ... ng38rdzntl

History:

Release 15 added a progess bar to the flashing apps, and added a list parameters to the logging app

Release 14 fixed some speed and reliability issues with the new OBD XPro devices.

Release 13 was broke, but 14 came out the next day

Release 12 enabled full writes on P59 (1mb) PCMs.

Release 11 fixes a problem with in-vehicle reflashing.

Release 10 fixes a problem with calibratio flashes on P59s with Intel flash chips.

Release 9 fixes a problem with the ScanTool LX/MX/etc for in-vehicle reading and writing.

Release 8 is like 7 but you can also read from P59 PCMs (oops). Bonus new feature: it will validate after reading from either PCM.

Release 7 added write support for flashing calibration and parameter blocks on P59 PCMs, and the app will automatically retry (up to 5 times) if a write fails.

Release 6 added full write support for P01 PCMs.

Release 5 fixes some reliability problems that affected people with AVT devices.

Release 4 will prevent you from flashing a calibration from one OS into a PCM that contains a different OS.

Release 3 added the ability to write the calibation segment on P01 PCMs.

Release 2 fixed a bug that prevented J2534 interfaces from working.

Release 1 was able to read properties like the VIN and OSID, and could read the entire PCM's memory. But the only thing it could change was the VIN.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
VX L67 Getrag

Re: PCM Hammer

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I think from what I've seen it works with AVT & possibly even tactrix, which I have both & have LS1 bench cables & 512 & 1Mb controllers around!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I have avt and tactrix too and access to a vy or vz ls1
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Tactrix doesn't support the VPW flavor of OBD2 - I asked them directly and they said no.

But, I should have mentioned that AVT interfaces should work. I'll send you both PMs.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

ill test it if you need, ive still got an AVT and an old bench ls1 pcm I used to test some of Ant's stuff on, and a VY ls1 commodore.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

The first people people who tried this were able to read their .bin files, and nothing caught fire or melted, so let's make this official...

Download the ZIP file here: https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... /PcmHammer

Unzip the contents into an empty directory, run PcmHammer.exe, select your device type, and have fun.

I'd love to hear what works and what doesn't. So far, results have been positive, except for one user who ran into this error message when trying to read:

Code: Select all

[10:32:32:145] Permission to upload kernel was denied.
I've seen that in my car once in a while and I don't recall what made it go away, but I think the solution might just have been turning off the car for a few seconds and then starting over.
Chuff

Post by Chuff »

Great work.

I've got a USB AllPro adapter. What firmware do I need to install onto it in order to use PCMHammer?

Thanks.

Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I believe it was around or exactly 1.21. Newer official firmware is also fine. It looks like we cant update the bluetooth version as the bootloader pins are not accessible. This tool is a joint development effort between a number of members. It contains and has open sourced a large amount of code from my ls1flash, and has been re-architected by NSFW to resolve the issues that were holding ls1flash back. Future development work, including write (eventually) will come to this tool.

The tool is open source and interested people are welcome to fork the code on github, develop it further and send us a pull request. We would also welcome development of any XDFs for '0411 operating systems, and any adx files which can log on the supported hardware. J2534 might be out of range for tunerpro at this stage but an elm command set ADX should work on allpro and scantool products (and elms, but since they wont read or write bins, lets not talk about them here).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Tre-Cool »

i've got one of the china vxdiag tools, so i'll give it a spin on that.

i've custom unlimited licenses for efilive & hpt, so can write whatever i need anyway.
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by DavidBraley »

Just wanted to say thank you to the super smart and generous people behind this project! I've been following the progress on several forums for a while now, and I'm super excited it has gotten this far!

I have managed to read/download the bins from three 12200411 PCM's using this software. I did it all from my desk with the AllPro USB Adapter with firmware 1.21, and a bench programming cable I made myself.

Because I'm cutting my teeth on this whole "DIY re-program your ECU/PCM and tune your vehicle's fuel injection system," I'm probably a good person to help test things out. My immense lack of knowledge of this subject matter makes it more likely that if anything can go wrong, it will probably happen to me! :lol:

From a guy who can't justify (doesn't need) the huge cost of buying a commercial system, and someone who loves the challenge of trying to figure things out, I thank you again for creating this!!!

Take care,

David
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.