vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by vlad01 »

They are different. it must be common because I rarely see VXs and alike models with fuel caps these days. Even are wreckers they are all taken.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Different indeed but the latch part looks to be the same which is good for me. I've seen the odd VT-VY without the flap but more with so it would seem that is more of an Aussie problem than NZ although with the price of petrol it may become more common. Trying to figure out a way of repairing ours in such a way that should it happen again it will fail in a predetermined way which should be easy to repair.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Mine snapped the hinge off the flap they sell a repair solution but I just glued it in with panel adhesive it flaps around in the wind as the locking cable is stuck in so can't shut it lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality

Post by immortality »

That does seem to be the most common failure i've seen but in this case the end of the latch has come off where what I assume was a screw driver was pushed under the flap to pry it open.
immortality

Post by immortality »

This is my latest acquisition in preparation for the summers activities (assuming my shoulder doesn't completely fail first),
Trailer is newish but needs a few items to bring it up to what I want. First job will be to change the hubs and wheels to Commodore spec and possibly add a rail around the top of the trailer and add a toolbox to hold all the tie downs etc.
immortality

Post by immortality »

The Calais got her oil change done today. Just a little over 4.5 Litres of fresh 15w-40.

This is what was in the Elite catch can,
0-02-07-9e0a85bd43cdfb724c06bb63e2d28bf47aa53add96d8b564af1c5abd14123f02_566b16f2.jpg
It's about half full. Just oil, no condensation so she's getting plenty hot and burning off any moisture in the crank case.

Also been working on keeping the missus happy, made this for her this last week, the green finger stuff is all her though....
Outdoor seat and planters.jpeg
Just got one more planter box to build.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Nice work!

I got exactly 0 handy man skills, can't even varnish a desk without fucking up and not knowing what I did wrong :lol:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Cheers mate,

I wouldn't say I have a lot of handy man skills, I just make it up as I go. Along the way I have picked up the odd tool that makes jobs like this easy and with this day in age tools that were the once only in the realm of the tradesman are now available to the average dick at a reasonable prices.

For some reason though, I'm still toying with the idea of re-doing our bathroom. What can go wrong? right :)

edit: Ohh, the ability to read/research also helps ....
immortality

Post by immortality »

Happy Xmas folks.

Not much happening around here, Senator has gone on the back burner for a bit but I have accumulated a few more parts, hopefully have some progress on that early in the new year.

Been having a lot of trouble with my shoulder injury that hasn't come right so I decided I needed therapy, hot water message therapy so I bought a spa pool :D but allas, a spa pool needs a nice paved area....

It started out as a little project that's gotten out of hand (again), so now I'm working on putting in about 30m² of paving, had to put in a new drain/pipe etc. Currently waiting on my sparky to drop off conduit and bends so I can finish running the cable and then complete the prep and paving.
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-21 at 7.11.37 PM.jpeg
jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

merry xmas to you as well