VX Diag Nano

Programs / Tools / Scripts
megajuz3003
cars: 2001 VU SS

VX Diag Nano

Post by megajuz3003 »

I’m hoping someone here can help me out... I just picked up a VX Diag Nano GM cable. Because the supported protocols listed both J1850VPW and GM-UART, plus it is meant to work with tech2win.

Playing around with it today. It has no issues talking to my LS1 ecu but refuses to talk to anything else... am I just kidding myself expecting it work with the cluster etc or should it actually work?
megajuz3003

Re: VX Diag Nano

Post by megajuz3003 »

I just broke down and popped the cover off it... there is no circuitry to pin 9 on the obd2 plug so if it supports GM-UART its not on the pin I need it on :(
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

megajuz3003 wrote:I just broke down and popped the cover off it... there is no circuitry to pin 9 on the obd2 plug so if it supports GM-UART its not on the pin I need it on :(
It doesnt support GM-UART. Unfortunately they have stated it does, but after speaking to the developers, they never had a vehicle which used the protocol and thus never added in any support.

Typical China selling tactics... say it supports everything.. worry about the repercussions later.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
megajuz3003

Post by megajuz3003 »

Tazzi wrote:
megajuz3003 wrote:I just broke down and popped the cover off it... there is no circuitry to pin 9 on the obd2 plug so if it supports GM-UART its not on the pin I need it on :(
It doesnt support GM-UART. Unfortunately they have stated it does, but after speaking to the developers, they never had a vehicle which used the protocol and thus never added in any support.

Typical China selling tactics... say it supports everything.. worry about the repercussions later.

Thanks Tazzi I’ll start hitting them up to refund it because it’s listed to support protocols that it doesn’t.

Any recommendations for a cable that supports tech2win
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

megajuz3003 wrote:Thanks Tazzi I’ll start hitting them up to refund it because it’s listed to support protocols that it doesn’t.

Any recommendations for a cable that supports tech2win
Yeah I was pretty upset about it as well. They said they could add it in if I shipped over a car which had the protocol :shock: :lol:

I offered to send an entire bench setup with multiple modules and gear, although they then spoke about development cost so I dropped the idea.

As for recommendations, either a drewtech mongoose GM pro (Which will do everything, comes with warranty and will always be supported updated), or a GM MDI (clones are slowly being banned/blacklisted).
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The drewtech mongoose pro gm2 doesnt support uart either, despite the price. The gm mdi clones are the best bang for buck but with potential quality and blacklist issues.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
muzikisme
cars: Only the daily driver 2004 Toyota Camry v6.

Post by muzikisme »

I bought a VX Nano SE after being told it could be use as pass thru. But no matter what I try I can't get it to work as a pass-thru. I can see it listed as an option and some programs but no luck with functionality. It doesn't least work with the software they provide. I was definitely sold something and what I received was something different. I just kind of wonder how long it will work for with their cooked software. :comp:
The1

Post by The1 »

Probably best to start a new thread, this was 3yrs ago.

The software does work, have you installed the passthru module and licensed the cable? The license needs to be redone every 60 days. I use a vxdiag cable and have had no issues.