PCM questions regarding L67 Swap into VY

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Re: PCM questions regarding L67 Swap into VY

Post by krusty »

antus wrote:Yeah, if using the flash pcm you would need to load the VY NA flash enhanced bin, then tune it to support the boost (use timing etc from the memcal based SC tune).
This is what I was referring to, just to clear it up. L67 injector rate and fuel tables/ settings among other things. Assuming someone on here could supply one they've developed or load in one from the forum to get it running.
seanlivingstone
cars: vy ss
vy calais super 6
vx commodore
vs manual v6

hq wagon efi 304

Post by seanlivingstone »

hey guys just thought ill share a bit of a engine swap we have been doing the last week or so. the 253 in the hq was getting extremely knocky and tired so decided to hunt for a doner car with a 304, found a vs ute that had a 304 swapped into it so most of the loom was hacked up and fairly hammered so that was the first thing out and i rewired it while deleting un-needed sensors and wiring and also adding. dropped the motor and box out and sent the vs for scrap. the past few days we have removed the 253 and trimatic from the hq and dropped the 304 and 4l60e in and wired it all up. so far having a few problems with the memcal but should have it fired this weekend and will be shortening the tailshaft tommorow so we can drive it down to the exhaust shop. :thumbup:
vr doner car
vr doner car
dropping the k frame
dropping the k frame
k frame out
k frame out
found out it was a roller block
found out it was a roller block
motor and box in the hq
motor and box in the hq
done just needs a wiring cleanup
done just needs a wiring cleanup
VYL67L03
cars: Vy Top Swapped L67 Supercharged Ecotec, Automatic soon to be Turboed

Re: FS: The1's Memcal & Adaptors

Post by VYL67L03 »

Any chance you would have or able to make a VY commodore V6 Auto Patch Wiring Loom to be able to run a L67 ECU in the VY ? Kinda desperate for one as I don't think I will be able to re - pin all those wires, I have just completed an L67 top swap on my Ecotec engine.
Thanks Guys ! Much Appreciated !
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The1 has said in another thread that its too much work for him. Im not sure where that is now. Most people would run the1's enhanced on the factory flash PCM. You dont have any realtime options then but the NA computer can run the L67 with that bin flashed in. See the1's enhanced thread for more information. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VYL67L03

Post by VYL67L03 »

Ahh very sorry about that Antus, Sweet I'll do that as I've got an ALDL cable and The1's enhanced Vy flash bin, Just one more thing I would like to ask is if the engine will still run using the standard Ecotec Injectors or will I have to get L67 Injectors ?
Thanks, Much Appreciated.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

it will run but the issue will be the size of the injectors, you'll run out of fuel!
VYL67L03

Post by VYL67L03 »

Ah ok no probs Thanks for replying I'm only just trying to get it to run and idle at the moment using the VY N/A flash ecu, Are there any tables in Tunerpro that I can edit to get it idling ok ?
Thanks very much.
VYL67L03

Post by VYL67L03 »

Any chance I could post up my bin for you to have a look at and see if the tunes ok for the engine.
Thankyou, much appreciated
VYL67L03

Post by VYL67L03 »

Sorry to post here again I will delete them tomorrow just wondering if there's anyone who is able to help me out, I've tried everything I can possibly think of to get this car started it fires but shuts down immediately I have flashed in The 1's enhanced bin with vats off and it still won't fire up
VYL67L03

Post by VYL67L03 »

I have around 60-80 psi cranking oil pressure, Have fuel pressure, the air intake is fine, Has decent spark, I've double triple checked all the wiring and is fine...it's starting to do my head in lol it just won't stay running for some reason.