PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
aceycv8

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by aceycv8 »

Fantastic work guys

I will test this with a mate in the next few weeks and report back

Thank you for your hard work and efforts
megajuz3003
cars: 2001 VU SS

Re: PCM Hammer

Post by megajuz3003 »

Code: Select all

[10:32:32:145] Permission to upload kernel was denied.

just tried to read my ecu and got this error also, attachment is the debug log so you can have a look at it.. i was using a VXDiag VCX Nano cable
Attachments
pcmhammerresults.txt
(5 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I've seen the permission-denied thing on and off, and I'm not sure what causes it or how to fix it. But it has always gone away after some retrying and maybe power-cycling.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

A short update:

Using PCM Hammer, I have now read and downloaded the bins from twelve 12200411 PCM's without any issues. I have opened all of the bins in TunerPro RT and the software seems to be happy with what was loaded.

The AllPro USB adapter works great. I did not mention in an earlier post that I have set my bench power supply to 13V while reading the PCM's. Not sure if this means anything, but I noticed (on another forum) that others had voltage levels much closer to 12V. I built an LED voltage meter into my bench programming harness so I know for sure what my voltage levels are while using it.

Thanks again for this helpful tool!

David
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Thanks for the feedback! The pcms usually run fine at 12v but the writing is flakey if it drops below 12 (due to the flash chip requiring it), so its good to have a safety margin for writes (which we are actively working on).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Glad to hear that it's working well for you!

I can't really promise anything yet, but I am hoping that we can get write support working well enough to release by the end of the month.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

NSFW wrote:Glad to hear that it's working well for you!

I can't really promise anything yet, but I am hoping that we can get write support working well enough to release by the end of the month.
NO HURRY! Really.

Obviously myself, and I'm betting that MANY others are super grateful something like this is even happening. Take your time. It's the holidays. Enjoy your family!

I'm guessing this thing will also evolve as it matures. Who knows, I might even come up to speed enough to somehow make a contribution to this fine tool! I would love to figure out a way to do that. :thumbup:

David
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
megajuz3003
cars: 2001 VU SS

Post by megajuz3003 »

NSFW wrote:I've seen the permission-denied thing on and off, and I'm not sure what causes it or how to fix it. But it has always gone away after some retrying and maybe power-cycling.

just tried power cycling, even disconnected the battery for a bit to try that.. still no luck..

just wondering if my ecu is tuner locked... I don't know the history of it so I'm thinking its probably a possibility
Attachments
pcmhammerresults2.txt
(5.09 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think the j2534 interface is failing to switch to 4x. There is no data received after the switch to 4x occurs and it just so happens that the request to upload is the first bit of the process at 4x speed. If you want to investigate and have visual studio installed, you could modify the source here https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... ead.cs#L35 and remove the switch to 4x and try again. If it works, we'll need to test 4x support on another J2534 interface to see if its broken completely, or if its only some interfaces in the wild which cant do it then we might need an override to force use of 1x for interfaces like yours.

Edit: 160baud and nsfw have advised that the J support broke when we split the app to a front end and a library. We'll need to look at getting the J support up to speed again and keeping it working. This has also triggered a conversation about our workflow as it seems we come from different styles of release management so this will help us get on the same page and keep the quality up in the future. :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
BoominSVX
cars: 1999 Escalade 5.7 Vortec, 2001 Silverado 2500HD Duramax 6.6, 2001 GMC Sierra 4.8 Z71, 2003 Silverado 5.3L LM7, 2005 GMC 2500HD 6.0, 2005 GMC 2500HD 6.6, and about 5 GMT800 parts trucks.

Post by BoominSVX »

Sorry it's so long.

I wanted to join just to give you gentlemen some kudos. I've been waiting for this for years now. I have more GMT800's over here than one person should ever own. Each one with untapped potential. Year after year it seemed that someone was on the border of finally cracking these open... each one of them turned out to be snake oil salesman. It would cost me 5000 bucks to get things tuned and problems solved over here. I have everything from 5.7l l31's waiting on 411 pcm swaps to 01 02 03 and 05 4.8's 5.3's 6.0's and even 6.6's (with and without mods) that NEED some alterations. Sluggish shifts, torque management, tire calibrations, timing help, tps increases on fbw, and everything in between. Even a currently delayed twin turbo setup on the 4.8. Up until now, all have proven to be a temporary promise which only lead to additional software being sold under a credit system or hefty price tag.

Though I'm usually shallow on both, I commonly have more time than money. I have a 9 month son. Building an addition on the house for the wood stove (trying to beat winter) while putting this new winter beater (the 03 silverado) back together from it's prior abused life and still trying to keep the farm rolling and the money coming in. Time is tight, but I've been watching the progress on this from all of you since very early this year. When the initial release of pcmhammer dropped, I took your advice and bought the allpro cable which arrived a week or so ago and I finally got to see those magical words "PCM UNLOCKED". I bit my tongue as I watched the progress bar climb to 100%. On completion, I scared the dog belting out a heavy "YES!" as I saved the file. So exciting.

The past few days, I've been trying to come up with some sort of XDF file for my OS. Of course this is the bastard 12570558 (OS 12579405) P59 2003 pcm and things aren't going very well. Hopefully, I can devote a little more time to these things when the winter really sets in and I give up on the great outdoors. I don't want any of you wasting time on my one year only pcm. I'd rather you just keep at it to get write working as the XDF won't even matter if I can't write the .bin back. That being said, I'm giddy over the idea of finally breaking this barrier and you guys (and girls?) are doing something far bigger than you realize. It opens the door to so many possibilities. Even the big name tuners have the customers doing much of the work. I think the general thought is that everyone is sitting at the keyboard saying "yea right, I've heard that before". Don't let this silence discourage you. This is huge. I've seen about 5-7 consistently recurring names, watched every progress video on utube, clicked through the git repo looking at all these commits and followed along as much as possible. Since I have the cable and at least a few trucks that could be used as guinnea pigs (parts rigs) if you need anything, just let me know! I'll drop my bin file here just in case it helps, and if anyone needs a debug log of a full read, just let me know... though I doubt it would help as it seemed to complete without error.

Keep fighting the good fight. I wish you all the best of luck in seeing this through.
Attachments
03 Silverado Factory BIN.bin
OS ID: 12579405 5.3 4l60e
(1 MiB) Downloaded 419 times