NVRAM & Tuner Pro Error Car won't Start

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

NVRAM & Tuner Pro Error Car won't Start

Post by L67VSTY »

I have a series of events that has now caused me to be unable to start the car VT L67 Enhanced bin with NVRAM.
I have uploaded a few Injector multiplier cal files with the flash tool & there seemed to be more problems each time.
It started with errors trying to connect to the car & sometimes after about 10 - 15 mins data logs would stop recording, trying to connect to the vehicle Tunerpro would shutdown & windows would state trying to find cause of error.
Last night while driving without laptop after 10 mins warning lights and fan came on steering became heavy as if it was data logging, vehicle still drove, this happened twice.
Today I tried to reburn the NVRAM with a modified bin file, now when I turn ignition on fans run & it won't start also laptop can't find NVRAM.
I tried going through all the info again & compared bin files but can't work out where it has gone wrong.
Could someone please help out is sending me nuts.
L67VSTY

Re: NVRAM & Tuner Pro Error Car won't Start

Post by L67VSTY »

Vehicle is now running with Std Enhanced bin file.
I am still getting errors when connecting to vehicle with Tuner Pro & it won't connect sometimes if I leave it disconnected for 5 to 15 mins it will connect & then when I disconnect I seem to have the same problem trying to connect, it has only started since uploading files with flash tool.
Looking for suggestions to what I need to check as I won't make any more changes until I have that part fixed.

Thanks
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

What type of ALDL interface are you running?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
L67VSTY

Post by L67VSTY »

I am not sure & don't know how to tell sorry.
I have still had problems in the last week with the dash warning lights randomly coming off & sometimes they go out and the steering is fine the car still runs ok though.
I checked for the fault codes & have 3 of them 31 - theft deterent, 92 - low speed fan & 95 - ABS I am thinking there is a fault with the BCM & this is causing my issues possibly the PCM.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Faulty ABS module spamming the data line?

Unplug the ABS module and all your dramas will go away (except that the ABS warning lights will be on).
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
L67VSTY

Post by L67VSTY »

Thanks biggvl I have done that and took it for a short drive was OK will try again for next few days & see if it is all working and advise, Thanks
L67VSTY

Post by L67VSTY »

Today I drove the car with ABS module unplugged but briefly the dash chimed & steering went heavy warning lamps came on & off but mostly was Ok & seemed to go a little better.
I checked for ABS faults with plug reconnected & found 2 fault codes for the ABS 72 Data Fault & 74 Torque circuit fault.
I still had problems connecting with tuner pro RT there were errors coming up with ABS plug disconnected.
I tried connecting with Flash Tool it connected but the write cal box was greyed out & I couldn't upload the modified Cal file even after I tried downloading it 1st.
Still not sure what I should be doing next or checking.
Attachments
NoWriteCal.JPG
NoWriteCal.JPG (51.25 KiB) Viewed 5534 times
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

The flash tool says its a factory tune, so thats why it wont write. it sounds like the abs error is real but you may have other problems still. Tell us a bit more about your setup and whats installed. Is it a reasonably new hardware in a known state? Is it our hardware? What does oseplugin say the hardware is when you connect? what xdf and adx are you using?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
L67VSTY

Post by L67VSTY »

I have your PCM NVRAM installed since about Feb 2018 with The1's enhanced bin & I modified transmission and fan temp settings, ADX - VT_V6_SC_$A5G_enhanced_v1.3.adx and XDF - VT_V6_SC_$A5G_enhanced_v1.3.xdf

A 14point7 Wideband since about April 2018 all has been working well until recently when I started to change Injector Multiplier settings I have used OSE Flashtool V1.51 to upload the CAL changes approx 3 or 4 times each time it was getting harder to connect to tuner Pro RT as there was more errors, data logging was cutting out more, also one stage the car cut out after a boot full ( possibly because traction control was on) & it took a few cranks before it started I was data logging & recorded a AFR of around 80 for some reason the fuel must have cut out.

I removed the NVRAM to reprogram it & couldn't get the car started I found a bent pin on the NVRAM which I straightened & ended up installing The 1s enhanced bin with no mods, this has been running since & I have managed to change the PE by uploading the change while vehicle was running but I think it might have been with the old version of Flashtool if this is possible.

My antivirus software removed OSE Flashtool for some reason about a week ago, I found another copy on the laptop that came with the cable now I see it was a old version 0.1.3.6. I have tonight 5/12/2018 after your question installed V1.51 but cannot yet find how to get the comm port to show up it is blank.

I also have been copying the CAL files from the laptop to a USB drive & back after changing settings on the desktop PC. During this recent time I had the desktop wanting to repair some issues on the USB drive & have now lost some files I tried to update the windows files on the laptop with Win 7 update but have been unsuccessful & there appears to be a common problem with that I haven't been able to fix yet.

I don't know if it was a faulty USB drive, the laptop or something else giving me these problems.

I am now trying to get OSE Flashtool sorted & will try to upload a modified CAL file to see if I can have it running better & then will try to workout what the other problems.

Thanks for your help
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

The wideband power can introduce noise, and you mention it got worse when you installed it. Im assuming its a 3rd party ALDL, that will have less ability to handle noise in the circuit. You might need to relocate the wideband power connection where it meets the loom to some fatter power wires further away from the pcm. The heater circuits in those are high power and very electrically noisy.

Are you absolutely sure its the1's bin on the nvram? I'd expect the flashtool to give you details of which bin, not say factory, but I have only tested the1s bins with oseplugin. If you can get a connection with oseplugin it should tell you which version too. But if its factory code it wont be able to detect any realtime bin.