PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
NSFW

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by NSFW »

Also, there are some XDFs in the GitHub repository, and I'm told there's one more to be added soon.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
brandonwh64
cars: building a 1965 F100 with a 5.3L LS

Post by brandonwh64 »

DavidBraley wrote:
brandonwh64 wrote:The XDF's can be found in a lot of places. The XDF's I'm using can be found here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... -Checksums
I tried signing up for their forums since it was the only way to download the file but their forums wont send me the activation email. been two days since I tried to sign up.

*EDIT* I was able to change my email to an alternate gmail account and it sent the email to it. Got the XDF! Thank you!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Hopefully once Antus sets up a new sub directory we can repost all the relevant files there.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Were currently thinking we'll host on github, accept pull requests from contributors, keep them in version control and mirror them on this site.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
brandonwh64
cars: building a 1965 F100 with a 5.3L LS

Post by brandonwh64 »

I am going to beta test this on a 4896 WITHOUT the OS flash. The more I research, the more it shows the ECUs OSes are close. I believe it will work and like I mentioned in other posts, I have multiple for testing. I ordered all the connectors to do a bench test.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

brandonwh64 wrote:I am going to beta test this on a 4896 WITHOUT the OS flash. The more I research, the more it shows the ECUs OSes are close. I believe it will work and like I mentioned in other posts, I have multiple for testing. I ordered all the connectors to do a bench test.
"There are no failed experiments. Only new data."
- Bryce from the Max Headroom series
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
UCMatt
cars: VE Sportwagon
VYExec
VN V8 UC Torana Hatch

Post by UCMatt »

I tested this on an 896 this morning and it worked beautifully for a VATS delete.
Awesome work guys!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice work to all involved! :thumbup:
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

NSFW wrote:Also, there are some XDFs in the GitHub repository, and I'm told there's one more to be added soon.
I just tried to load one of the XDF's from the GitHub repository to make some kind of comparison to the ones I'm using, and it would not load into TunerPro RT. I then thought that I needed to load the checksum .dll from the GitHub repository so that it matched the XDF from the repository, or so I thought. TunerPro would not load the checksum either. The error messages I get are very cryptic, and I need to go back and let you know exactly what they say. I will report back...

In the mean time, the XDF's and checksum I'm using from the previous link near the bottom of page 8 still work fine.
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah the XDFs are a bit of a mixed bag, dont as of yet assume they all work or work well. I know Dimented's XDF for the '2008 OS are good, some otherws will be, some may not be. I've just updated my checksum plugin to support 1 Mbyte PCMs (someone started copying the plugin around without the readme.txt on the American sites so most people dont know where it came from). Once that's been been tested we'll look to using it with newer OSs where required, and it'll still work with the old. Note that its only needed for code patches, and so far Im not aware any code patches have been created outside of the commercial products. I have seen a lean cruise enable patch for one of the 1Mbyte OS but when I checked it was a calibration patch, not OS, so the plugin was still not required.

Most the XDFs which use the plugin were written without the authors realising they could have used tunerpro's built in sum functionality and set it to the default TP plugin with 16 bit data, 16 bit store, 2's compliment type. Over time we and anyone who understands the XDFs should be able to start validating what exists and improving the quality. We'll also tidy up our repo and let the world know when particular XDFs are ready for users.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396