PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by antus »

I cant post the source for itbecause the license on the tunerpro sdk is restrictive, but i will release the plugin. If you want to send me the xdfs that need sums i'll add them and send them back.

You can test any piece of the app you like, feedback is welcome.

Mainly the todo is p59 support, fix a bug in the j2534 code if it exits too quickly at the end (not critical), make xdfs and maje some adx for the interfaces we can flash but not log with.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
darkhorizon
cars: 1988 Pontiac Fiero

Post by darkhorizon »

I posted universal seed/key code in the issues section on github. I believe the chip selector code will correlate algo most of the time, but you may need to build a OSID DB to connect the dots there like others have done.

When you get a V6 PCM kernel working I can test that with AVT and maybe a J tool.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Darkhorizon, thanks for the contribution, but I need to know where that came from. Did you write it? Or do you know who can I contact to make sure that we have a license to use it?

It's substantial enough that I don't want to bake it into the app until/unless we can confirm that whoever authored it is really OK with us distributing it. My worry is that it might have ultimately come from GM, so they would hold the copyright, so it wouldn't be OK for us to publish it. If I can contact the author and get their blessing to redistribute it, that would be great.

Thanks!
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

It's not GM code, but due to the fact I've never seen the GM code I can't promise it isn't similar to it. I suppose its up to you, but really there isn't an easy way to determine how safe it is.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

In that case we'll hold off on including it, until/unless we have permission from the copyright holder. Thanks, though!
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
darkhorizon

Post by darkhorizon »

If there is any value in it, I can re write it again to be sure that it's different than anything out there.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

It's possible that we'll need more key algorithms, but so far we're just using one, and it seems to be working well enough. We won't know how many we need until we get more users flashing more PCMs.

If we need another, it looks like it won't be hard to translate that algorithm's list of opcode bytes into a series of C# expressions, which I think would solve the copyright problem. So we might take you up on that. :) But don't bother converting the whole thing just yet. I'd kinda be surprised if we need more than just a couple.
Windsma
cars: 67 Camaro

Post by Windsma »

Spotted a lonely 0411 at the local pull apart and thought i would give bench tuning a try.
I think HPTunners current “credit” system is a bit greedy, extremely greatful to find an opensource option.

Which obd2 to usb adpter is best/value? Im not in a hurry for shiiping etc.. (east cost US)
(I currently have a wifi and bluetooth ELM327 $20 dongles)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The usb allpro is cheapest and significantly faster than the obdlink devices. The mdi is very fast and can be used with other tools and can be found for about $200. Worth it if you can afford it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Windsma
cars: 67 Camaro

Post by Windsma »

Ordered the Allpro Adapter USB. After I brick a few P01’s i’ll order the better hardware.
Last edited by Windsma on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.