VP V6 Calais with VS L67 engine & loom swap

For non EFI mechanical discussion
VX L67 Getrag

Re: VP V6 Calais with VS L67 engine & loom swap

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

It just has me a bit worried with all the random electrical faults it's getting as the injector voltage monitor & the hi & low power output faults are getting triggered(53, 57 & 59).

Then with the engine computer only seeing half of the actual temp it's at & randomly flooding sparks(probably with coolant temp being wrong) it's just hard to know where to go.

Not to mention the speedo not working as the dash doesn't recognise the signal too!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Sounds like it would be easier to run a 424 and MAP tune the sucker....
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I'm a little bit more testing away from advising that!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Dash should be able to take the vs Speedo output from the ecu its it's probably just not wired up.all the eco earths must goto the engine.make sure there's a good earth from battery to block make sure it has resistor plugs check it has decent power at the ecu. Nothing ecu related should be earthed to the body
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I grabbed the VP speedo wire from under the tunnel & ran it to D5(tan) low side & got nothing, I then tried the C6(blue/white) high side & still nothing I see it shows D2 but that is supposed to be for manual & seeing it's auto don't think it will output.

I'll try running my extra earth's to the engine but the 3 factory main engine earths are connected in normal correct locations, I'm thinking the ECU may be seeing an extra signal it's not expecting & that's what's causing the issue but I didn't do the loom so it means going over every single wire...
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Pin c5 to dash
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks DW! I don't know how I missed that VSS working now!

The 3 fault codes 53, 57 & 59 all seem to indicate voltage too high, what the hell could cause that & may have something to do with why the coolant sensor isn't reading correctly & the IAC is constantly commanding the same steps & not changing?

EDIT; figured it out, disconnected plug going to dash from pcm they patched in & just gave the pink wire connection & all works perfectly now!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

If anyone comes across similar issues with coolant temp, IAC not controlling, various voltage control faults & more with the VS V6 ecu it happened to be caused by Pin A3 which was the 5v diagnostic getting feedback from another 12v input(basic connector to dash wasn't pinned correctly).

Hopefully that can help others!