PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by antus »

We cant discuss circumvention of other tools licensing here. However I will say this - their system is not just based on just the vin number. You can find more details with a google search and on their site and forums. I would suggest you either use the open source tools for free, or pay the licensing if you with to use theirs.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Windsma
cars: 67 Camaro

Post by Windsma »

Thanks to the developers from those who want to learn. Perfectly happy to throw you guys a few bucks.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Thanks, but we're not in this for money. :)

What we really need is testing for new releases, especially bench testing and project-car testing, so that we can get proof that everything really works reliably before we invite people to reflash cars they need to drive.

I'm hoping to push out the next release in a day or two.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i used to have an 0411, i say used to because i cant for the life of me find it :(

if i do i'll get on board with bench testing! i was hoping to use it on a 202 with custom trigger but the single coil only option for it has stopped that in its tracks!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I dont think it'd be hard to build some hardware that runs 6 coils. The ls1 style coils are only a 5v logic level trigger, so if you had any basic mcu logic circuit that can find a home signal then routed the pulses to the right coil you'd have it, even with the pcm on low res crank. But it sounds like there is a simple option nobody will share yet. Maybe another option would be to get a dfi pack and hard wire EST so pcm is always in control, even at crank, wire trigger low to ground, and high to low res pcm input, and all logic spark levels in to the spark out line with or without some diodes or similar. Just need someone with some electrical knowledge and a car or test platform whos willing to share, to try it (being careful not to short out their spark output and cause damage). But with a DFI, you'd only have standard coil options...
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i guess the thing for me is, if you cant make a 0411 do sequential fuel and spark on a 6 cylinder, then there is really no reason to use the 0411 when there are other options out there that will do similar, like the jackaroo dfi module etc .... it was kinda just a thought when i saw that pcm hammer was available, and for me more something to try cause i can ....

i am still planning on making a cam signal from a dizzy if i can (waiting for a reluctor to arrive) and hoping that someone comes up with a solution one day.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I think the 808 or the 424 is still a better option. But it would be interesting. I think you'd probably want to trigger it off the crank though, else you get any play in the distributor in your timing. But we should move back to the v6 on 0411 thread... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5023
overlandh1978
cars: Blown HQ 1 ton LS
E85 LS VR Commodore
Everyone elses Junk

Post by overlandh1978 »

Newbie here. I have been using info from this site for a long time so time to sign up. Firstly huge thanks to the team behind PCM Hammer. im looking forward to using it. the only question I have is where exactly and what is the best interface to purchase. there are so many fakes out there I just can be bothered taking the risk. rather get it from those in the know.

Cheers!
overlandh1978
cars: Blown HQ 1 ton LS
E85 LS VR Commodore
Everyone elses Junk

Post by overlandh1978 »

Holden202T wrote:i guess the thing for me is, if you cant make a 0411 do sequential fuel and spark on a 6 cylinder, then there is really no reason to use the 0411 when there are other options out there that will do similar, like the jackaroo dfi module etc .... it was kinda just a thought when i saw that pcm hammer was available, and for me more something to try cause i can ....

i am still planning on making a cam signal from a dizzy if i can (waiting for a reluctor to arrive) and hoping that someone comes up with a solution one day.
in HP tuner which I have with 411 pcm you can select 6 cylinders. obviously would need a bin file to suit but I would think there is plenty out there. purchase the sensors from that particular engine and get started. see how far you get
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

overlandh1978 wrote:the only question I have is where exactly and what is the best interface to purchase.
The AllPro Adapter USB for $35.00US ...

A really nice piece ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!