PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by antus »

I think we will create a link farm in the first post to the latest files. Its probably not good to bundle them up as they will get out of date and people should be using the latest. LRT is currently distributing a hacked copy of my checksum plugin with his xdfs which seems to have been created by the ebay tool seller who quite nastily stole my work and removed my name removed and the pcmhacking.net url. Since the ebay guy did that its been passed around and LRT did not know any different. Ive updated my plugin to support 1mbyte pcms and provided him a good copy so he can use that instead but as yet hes not updated his post. I really dont want the attribution removed copy of those dlls to spread too far, thats not fair. Also, a giant f you to the ebay tool seller for doing that.
Attachments
plugin hack.jpg
plugin hack.jpg (201.05 KiB) Viewed 3806 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
osx86ftw
cars: 1987 Porsche 944 5.3 swapped

Post by osx86ftw »

That eBay seller still around/doing that?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yep hes still around still with that product. Hes the same guy who made an nvram thing (I wont call them clones because they were much lower quality with less features) with the $2 chips in them which didnt work, then sold them for more than the ones we have while telling customers to come here for support with them. But I dont want to say any more on that or hijack this thread. Just keep working on our options. Im working with LRT to fix up his work. With the notice removed from the DLLs there was nothing to indicate anything was wrong until I picked it. LRT is not at fault.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I'll think about adding a "check for updates" button in a future release, in place of the automatic check after startup.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Thorwon
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche

Post by Thorwon »

NSFW wrote:I'll think about adding a "check for updates" button in a future release, in place of the automatic check after startup.
I like the idea of it checking for up-dates.
Just put a check box to turn the option on or off.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Thanks. I was thinking of a button to do the check manually, but I think I like your checkbox idea better.

I worry that eventually we'll find a bug that leads to bricking the PCM, so I want to make sure that we'll be able to notify users ASAP to prevent more bricks.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I have not been through all the c# code so I don't know if saved state functionality is already there, I haven't seen anything.

A check box would require a saved state.
I am for a saved state, Window size/placement is a favorite of mine ... I believe vs has built in functionality with optional ini or registry target.

Personally I prefer local ini over registry bloat.

Or KISS with a button ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

There's a pcmhamme.exe.config file that settings can be saved to.
Window placement would be a good idea too, I agree.
Fnelson

Post by Fnelson »

so the ebay guy that sales the ls1 pcm flashtool isn't a good tool from commodrehackers
I thought that was related to this website.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Nope, he has taken a lot from the forums here but has not been an active member for many years by his own choice.