Barana's Bitsamissun Paj aka The mighty Paj!

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
barana
cars: mitz L300
holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special

Barana's Bitsamissun Paj aka The mighty Paj!

Post by barana »

GDay all, the project has already started, So I'll kick off this thread with this.
Its a bjfz memcal + the ecu it came off a vehicle with a dohc 2.3 Oldsmobile quad 4 engine.
Its a 4cyl memcal with a 4cyl knockboard. The 2.3 has a bore of 92 mm and the astron 2.6 in the Paj 91.1mm.
My main motivation was 4cyl knock sensing.
I'll be writing $12p onto it.

Thanks to Bob workman, the knock frequency that this board senses is

Knock frequency (in Khz) = 900/ (pi x cylinder radius in mm) or 1800/(pi x diameter in mm)
520 247.74343 or 5.2khz
The target frequency for the astron is 515 158.36334 or 5.15 khz.
Which I admit is out a little, until I rebore the engine to 92mm.
got it in from america off ebay . more to come.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/163580551 ... res/92137x
"Its alright for god, he doesnt drive a kingswood.Even the nuns only have toranas"-Ted Bullpit
Me:yeah,corse,God's a Holden man
Mate:whaaa?
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm
A Holden & a pontiac
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Barana's Bitsamissun Paj aka The mighty Paj!

Post by antus »

Good find. Watching this with interest.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

have i got this right your putting the knock board from this unit onto a memcal that can run $12P ?
barana
holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special

Post by barana »

Yes 202, or replacing the eproms in the memcal with large ones that will fit 12p. I'm flexible either way.
I will hint at this stage that I will be starting off with the stock carby, and modulating a solenoid in the carb to control stoichiometric with an o2 sensor. For fun. As stage one.
"Its alright for god, he doesnt drive a kingswood.Even the nuns only have toranas"-Ted Bullpit
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm
A Holden & a pontiac
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

There's some work to control a carbie to stoich. Why don't you just get a setup from a Magna and start with the works? I did the conversion on my old Pajero but sold it before going delco. It rusted away.
barana
holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special

Post by barana »

I have a running setup from a Tr magna that I shoehorned into my SB L300. (Wow that thing moved fast) I cut down the Factory loom and used a bigport tp manifold , cut up custom to fit in the tiny engine bay. I can swapover at any time. Like any mod I do I want to do it wild as hell technologically, but look factory. Always wanted to program feedback carbys also. Stage one, factory carb, stage two, ford 7200vv stage three plus bring in the injectors. I'd like to setup all three so that within a few minutes I can swap everything over between three dyno runs, at a local open day.
Im thinking I can use a few combined fuel maps to control the solenoid with a duty cycle setup on a flex output, and for the 7200vv it is a full pwm solenoid with 100+ steps.
Charlescrown, have you done this before?I'd be very interested to hear!
A Holden & a pontiac
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

No all I did was cut and shut the Magna intake manifold to suit RWD and ran the Magna setup. Improved power and reduced fuel consumption by 7% so it paid for itself in the long run but the old girl got serious cancer so I sold it. I did plan to fit Delco and run 12P but having it already on 2 other cars didn't get there. 100 steps should be more than enough to control to stoich. Good luck.