Innovate LM2 wideband issue

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
VX L67 Getrag

Innovate LM2 wideband issue

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

So I've had my Innovate LM2 for 5 years or so now & has been great but last year was having issues with wideband sensor errors so I thought it was time to get some new sensors(LSU 4.2).

I got some off ebay & when I tried them it came up with more errors & random but they never worked at all, so I tried plugging my original sensors & they started having the same error codes as eBay units...WTF

So I'm assuming the eBay sensors caused something electrical to fail in LM2 unit & when through trouble shooting with Auto Meter USA & they said just send it back & we will quote repairs so I paid freight & what a waste of time... $296.xx USD to fix & $50 USD postage back...

I told them just to send it back as RMA return postage for free with quote although it cost me to send there but I could have bought a new unit for what they were going to charge for repair!

So now I have the faulty unit back & wondered if anyone with electrical knowledge may know what I can look at to repair it myself?
The PCB visually looks o.k. for all parts I can see but there is PCB's on top of each other that I can't see between & assuming this is where components are for wideband controllers as there's 2 identical assuming for each sensor.
delcowizzid

Re: Innovate LM2 wideband issue

Post by delcowizzid »

Best place for it the bin I hate innovate shit spent so much on feeding mine sensors when manufacturers can get hundreds of thousands of I'm out of 1 sensor innovate lucky to get 1 tune done sometimes lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Innovate LM2 wideband issue

Post by Charlescrown »

I have had mine for about 8 years and never a problem. The only problem was me the idiot running over the cable and ripping the wires out of the sensor. Just replaced it with a genuine Holden and less than $100. Love it.