PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
NSFW

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by NSFW »

The kernel and the app both need some additional code before we can write to a P59. But it's not a lot, so hopefully it won't be long.

I've tried reading two P59s, and succeeded with both, but there may be more work needed in that area too.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
jlvaldez
cars: '01 - Corvette Z06
'20 - Sierra Denali
'03 - Volvo S80 T6
'16 - Accord V6

Post by jlvaldez »

This is nice. I'm following this thread, and looking for support to write to P59. Need to modify a few instructions to nops in the binary and flash it back to the CPU :) Can read, but not yet write.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

NSFW wrote:The kernel and the app both need some additional code before we can write to a P59. But it's not a lot, so hopefully it won't be long.

I've tried reading two P59s, and succeeded with both, but there may be more work needed in that area too.
ImageWell yabbering on here ain't gettin it done, lets go, chop chop chop, WTF you think this is a lax house! Ya got folx waitin on ya, get em all excited then drag them on and on ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
160plus

Post by 160plus »

So...since NSFW is clearly slacking in more then one dept. I'll just share this myself.

He showed me a picture yesterday that someone from the Corvette forums had taken were they altered a message in the DIC and ask'd me if I knew how the guy did it.....

Well I just so happen to have done a great deal of work on this and was happy to find a place that it could be used :mrgreen:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO9VLo_cf8Y[/youtube]
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I can't want wait see "It's Hammer Time" on my dashboard when the app starts reading or writing. :)
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
vilefly

Post by vilefly »

New guy here. Been in the field 25yrs, and remember when prom updates for 2.8L maf to speed density was all new.
Just reporting I had some success reading (only) using a snap-on Passthru pro and pcm hammer on a 09386530 pcm in a 2001 astro AWD van with a 4.3L. I had to relearn the passlock key (KOEO for 10min) after reading.
I need to confirm my read binary with a proper PCM mask. I doubt it, but will a 0411 mask work with this pcm binary?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Welcome,

Not quite sure what you mean by mask ...

However, I do believe that 9386530 number is the hardware number for a Service Number 12200411 pcm.

What is the OSID ?
It is the OSID that dictates much about the binary. Like the XDF to be use.
The OSID can be found in the logs ...

-Enjoy

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
vilefly

Post by vilefly »

Unfortunately, the logs don't seem to be stored anywhere. I will have to try again the next time I have time to play with this deadbeat customer's vehicle. The XDF was what I meant. I will try the 0411 xdf to see what I can see.
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

vilefly wrote:I will try the 0411 xdf to see what I can see.
You will need to use the correct xdf for the OSID in the 0411.
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

The logs are not stored ... They need to be copied and pasted to a text file whilst still in PcmHammer. (pasted into notepad for example)

If you have the .bin from a full read, you can PM it to me and I can get that info out of the binary for ya if you want.

-Enjoy