Flex fuel for an Australian Commodore

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Flex fuel for an Australian Commodore

Post by Dylan »

Yortt wrote:
Dylan wrote:Don't give up mate, some company's are offering it as an upgrade in Australia. I'll dig around as well I've seen a YouTube video of an Aussie tune shop doing it. Showing the ethanol percentage on the HPT dashboard.
Dylan, I would be interested in having a look at the link for the you tube video if you can find it.

Mate I've let you down. I can't find the video but I know a little about it. The signal is sent back from the flex sensor via the knock sensor connection at the engine.

On the video they showed the reading on the HPT dashboard showing ethanol percentage varying with a simulated signal on the bench. Unfortunately I don't know what OS they were using.
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

Speedy wrote:12587603 operating system (for 2004 P59 1mb) is used for dbw, dbc, with segments for flex fuel, 4l60e or 4l80e transmissions.
Tanks for the information would you have a bin file of this tune I could have a copy of?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

This may not have it enabled, but its the right OS.

Most of the P59 OS have flex fuel ability.
Attachments
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Coupe Manual LS6 5.7 Litre (12587603).bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 272 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ShorTuning
cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

It is possible to make it all work. The GTO OS 12587604 using a P59 PCM is going to be the most direct swap possible due to some of the weird quirks the Holden/GTO's had.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I think I have one of them in a HPT. I'll have a look tonight
roughneck427
cars: 2002 Camaro
2008 Pontiac G8

Post by roughneck427 »

I posted the cax files on the EFI live forum in the cax file section to enable the FF on the 7604 OS and I posted the xdfs on LS1tech awhile back I use the same user name there.

Yortt wrote:Antus, thanks for the response and the attachments I have already tested a 12216125 OS from a Tahoe.

I have already done some bench testing with 512kb PCM with the 12216125 operating system with a flex fuel sensor fed into blue 56, the logger read the ethanol content accurately all good, However when installed into an LS1 after migrating the commodore tables the vehicle started wobbled on and stalled.

I have also bench tested a VZ PCM which as far as I can see has the IAC drivers for the cable throttle are in the Australian VZ PCM, installed a 2004 GTO operating system 12587604 which is DBC, the logger did not read the ethanol content at all, it would appears the 12587604 does not have the ethanol active in the operating system even though it is in the VCM suite software..

It also appears while the USA guys have managed to get it working on their vehicles the indication is no reported Australian Commodores have been successful converted hence the post.
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

Dylan wrote:
Yortt wrote:
Dylan wrote:Don't give up mate, some company's are offering it as an upgrade in Australia. I'll dig around as well I've seen a YouTube video of an Aussie tune shop doing it. Showing the ethanol percentage on the HPT dashboard.
Dylan, I would be interested in having a look at the link for the you tube video if you can find it.

Mate I've let you down. I can't find the video but I know a little about it. The signal is sent back from the flex sensor via the knock sensor connection at the engine.

On the video they showed the reading on the HPT dashboard showing ethanol percentage varying with a simulated signal on the bench. Unfortunately I don't know what OS they were using.

Ok thanks for looking.
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

antus wrote:This may not have it enabled, but its the right OS.

Most of the P59 OS have flex fuel ability.
Thanks for the file, unfortunately it is not enabled
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

ShorTuning wrote:It is possible to make it all work. The GTO OS 12587604 using a P59 PCM is going to be the most direct swap possible due to some of the weird quirks the Holden/GTO's had.
I did bench test this operating system and with VCM suite there was no activity on the logger concluded it was not reading the flex fuel sensor. however it was upgrade to a Flashscan OP 04110003 as i is for a turbo LS1 which still had the flex fuel maps I will try it with the standard operating system and see what happens.
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

roughneck427 wrote:I posted the cax files on the EFI live forum in the cax file section to enable the FF on the 7604 OS and I posted the xdfs on LS1tech awhile back I use the same user name there.

Yortt wrote:Antus, thanks for the response and the attachments I have already tested a 12216125 OS from a Tahoe.

I have already done some bench testing with 512kb PCM with the 12216125 operating system with a flex fuel sensor fed into blue 56, the logger read the ethanol content accurately all good, However when installed into an LS1 after migrating the commodore tables the vehicle started wobbled on and stalled.

I have also bench tested a VZ PCM which as far as I can see has the IAC drivers for the cable throttle are in the Australian VZ PCM, installed a 2004 GTO operating system 12587604 which is DBC, the logger did not read the ethanol content at all, it would appears the 12587604 does not have the ethanol active in the operating system even though it is in the VCM suite software..

It also appears while the USA guys have managed to get it working on their vehicles the indication is no reported Australian Commodores have been successful converted hence the post.
Sounds promising thanks, I will have a look