cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

pre ecotec aka Buick
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
FXST02
cars: VP V6 Auto sedan

Post by FXST02 »

Vlad,

Try these, if you can't read them let me know and I'll source another copy.

Eddie
Attachments
on road flowchart.pdf
(46.5 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
flowchart2.pdf
(70.79 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
flowchart1.pdf
(68.72 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I have tried set and res and brake pedal for a good 30 sec and nothing happen. I could check again tomorrow but I am sure I tried that already from the top of my head from what I recalled from the manual.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

No good on the cruise.

won't go into diag.

checked the brake switches-ok
checked the input switches-ok
checked power and ground-ok
checked cluster switch wiring-ok
removed convertor box, wasn't the issue, actually works fine just PPK was set wrong on the ECU. tested without box and still no dice.
tested with known spare working cruise module, no dice.

I have no idea why it wont work. The harness was a factory NOS retrofit one and all wired correctly and now I don't have accesses to the rest of it since I did it with the dash out of the car.

The cruise control switch bock is also NOS and tested working.

Is it suppose to go into diag mode without the car moving? I tried both still and moving with no luck but wondering if it needs a speed signal to go into the mode or not which would help me isolate to either a signal problem or switch block issue if I know the criteria for the mode.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Kermit is E85
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The tune I have predates the e85 conversion.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I think I found the issue. Seems to be a break or bad crimp at the brown brake switch wire at the module plug. Not getting 12v unless I bend and move the wire around at the plug. So going to unpin it and have a look at the crimp.

EDIT:

Not only was that the problem but I think either a faulty module logic board or a version that doesn't support diag mode but I found now that my spare module now works with the diag mode with the wire connecting properly.

So I swamped the module covers over as it contains the logic board and now diag mode work in the car correctly. light comes on and the throttle actuates when I let go of the brake as it should. True test will be to drive it and see if it all works but what a freaking headache. 2 faults with NOS kit :wall:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Started working on getting the upholstery done on the last seat the driver one and also before fitting out my mod to it I tested this on a spare seat back and it works great!

Finally a lumbar adjuster that will work. :thumbup:

The billet block supports a M10 bolt as the new hinge and give much needed rigidity. This should prevent any breakage from happening again.

vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Seat done!

Just need to get that rear arm rest fixed and I can install all of them.

IMG_0992.JPG

One change I am going to make to the car it to get a thicker rear spring insulator to raise the rear by 10mm. Front has super low spring, rear has just lowered ones but with the aftermarket strut tops and gas shockers the front is raised a little so it ends up being slightly higher than the rear overall. Super lows weren't enough to compensate for that and ironically looks more like a standard height lol

Superpro make raising insulators of standard, 6mm and 12mm. The biggest at 12mm looks right when I jacked the rear up by that much. It's level with a full tank and should be ever so higher at the rear when low on fuel. factory VPs sit slightly lower up front.

Going to do this once I need to run in the handbrake and readjust the shoes, they have loosened up a lot already and only way is to remove the calipers and disks to adjust since no aftermarket disk has the adjusting holes, good excuse to change the insulators out for the thicker ones while I do that.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

That seat looks pretty mint Vlad. Notice you’re missing electric windows though ;)
Even if the 12mm is too tall you could probably shave a wee bit off it to make it sit right.

Forgive me but isn’t the adjustment for the shoes for the parking brake in the rear thru the backing plate dude?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.