shift points

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

shift points

Post by Kevspec »

i am trying to stretch the gears out a little more is there anyway or formula to work it out as i want to rev to 6k for gear changes at wot, i have tried playing with speed vs tps and 1st gear still changes early. obviously testing and data logging will be the go but dont think mr police man will like me doing runs up and down the fwy
delcowizzid

Re: shift points

Post by delcowizzid »

Look in the scalers a/t 1-2 forced shift threshold set kmh higher
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

I already changed that but that's only for locked in 1st I thought which now doesn't go into 2nd automatically which used to shit me
brindo

Post by brindo »

Could you cut and paste the shift points from power mode? Won’t get you to 6k but should be a little higher than normal.
The1

Post by The1 »

If it's for VS-VY just change it in the shift tables. Other than that there is a Max RPM per gear setting in VT and up.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Shift table in pwr mode still have same wot tables and I've tried changing it up made no real difference
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

There are online calculators you can work out speed Vs rpm and gear or get creative and make your own spreadsheet in excel.

You can't just change the shift tables, you need to change all the other tables relating to shift points. We did it on my mates VS with a cam so it does work. I think his goes to about 6500rpm.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

If you post up your bin I’ll have a look, as there are numerous naming used in different xdfs I’ll try and find the matching one.
There is a max rpm and max speed that forces upshift, sometimes both are not defined.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

yoda69 wrote:If you post up your bin I’ll have a look, as there are numerous naming used in different xdfs I’ll try and find the matching one.
There is a max rpm and max speed that forces upshift, sometimes both are not defined.

ive pmd you
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Any chance we could keep this in thread? it looks like there isnt that much information about this available, and it'd be good to get it out in the open. Mostly it comes up when people are running speedo correctors (I know thats not the need here) but they put them after the ecu and lie to the ecu to about speed to avoid these types modifications. A before an after example would be great. Im sure there are a lot eyes on this thread.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396