shift points

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: shift points

Post by immortality »

Kevspec wrote:the cruise is on but not active it just says its on when its powered. as for lifting on the shift i have to as it just sits at 5800 and had to lift for it to change. also what you mean limiter settings are back to front? and stock hsv tune is junk tcc settings are shit shift pressures are all over the shop and fuel tables are way to rich
What XDF are you using to look at the HSV tune?

I'd say you need to drop your shift points below 5800 if it's falling over there.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

Post by Kevspec »

the only xdf file i can see for it is OSE_$11P V104

i know its falling over at 5800 but i have another top end and hydraulic roller cam to go in and trying to sort out shift points now.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

The OSE 11P XDF can only be used with the 11P.bin file.

To look at the HSV 215i tune you need to use the correct XDF, we would need to know exactly which 215i tune you have as there are about 4 different ones that all use different XDF files.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Ok I think I've got it sorted but sadly my valve Springs don't like me anymore so have to leave shift points at 5300. Will update when I got my new heads cam etc as to proper settings but from what I can see main setting table is under rpm threshold upshift
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

ok sorry guys now have new motor and still having the same issues where ive set everything high but still stuck at same shift points. i have all tables ie kph vs tps, rpm threshold, kph threshold and still wont shift at my set points.

i have attached my bin for anyone to check over and hopefully someone can see if anything is wrong as to why its not working
Attachments
Kevspecwideband.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Start with a fresh bin you have so many settings tweaked arse backwards. Start with a fresh ose11p bin leave the tps to enter kickdown mode alone stock settings are what you need there you have it set to enter kickdown mode at 60% and turn off at 100% that will probably break all the shifting. Leave all the hot and cold temps for cold and normal shifts alone. So many settings messed with that don't need messed with
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

i had a look before and also seen that but didnt realise. i havent changed that table everything else is spot on just the higher shifts is the issue. if i reload a xdf is that gonna reset everything else?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If you dont have the right xdf for the bin (the hsv one hes talking about) the data you see wont be right. In some cases you might get lucky and some of it might line up, but you cant work like that, you need the matching xdf and bin to be sure your looking at the right data.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

i understand i have the wrong xdf file but now as the car is far from stock and i have been tweaking everything to suit is it still going to be a gain? or if what i can see and that tps settings were screwed that was causing the issues all alone and hopefully that fixes it leave it as it is. as stated car drives perfect and everything is all safe etc with what is currently running
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I wouldn't call that bin labelled wideband bin safe the VE table is a mess of troughs and peaks and there's so many settings changed that I would expect fueling to be wildly different every day. Being too rich everywhere isn't safe it washes all the lubrication off the bores and accelerates wear as well as thins the oil and takes away its lubrication properties
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem