VP V6 Calais

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Comcal76

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by Comcal76 »

vlad01 wrote:
Comcal76 wrote:So I went out warmed up the car then I disconnected the TV cable and pulled on it a few times while it was running and I could here it working so I reset the adjustment as discribe in the book, it's not slamming in gear anymore so I took it for a drive and it's working that's strange

I had the same thing. worked for a bit after pumping the cable in and out few times and then go back to shit not long after. The longest I got it to work was about half a day.

Still at least I could drive it in the mean time. None of the previous VP autos I had could drive at all, they acted like they were in N
I'm going to take the pan off and remove the tv plunger and take the valve out to clean and check for damage hopefully I can buy some more time.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

delcowizzid wrote:Was probably stuck
Going to pull it apart and give it a clean also going to check the governor while I'm under there.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Just a update guy's I've decided to stick with my transmission and I'm doing a full rebuild, when I pulled the transmission apart the tv valve was stuck which burned out the 3-4 clutches and steel's and the torque converter is fucked from the heat, I have already installed the transgo shift kit into the valve body and drilled the separator plate here are some pictures of how the transmission sits now.
Last edited by Comcal76 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

coming along nicely, should be a whole different box after that!
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Haven't been on for a while so here's the latest i finished rebuilding the transmission and it's back in the car, haven't tested it yet as I'm still waiting for a pressure gauge to make sure it's running at the correct pressures and oil temperature gauge to turn up.

Parts list

High energy clutches for low/reverse, forward, and reverse. Raybestos zpak for 3-4 clutch. Wide band. Reverse drum. Corvette servo. Accumulator pistons. Hughes heavy duty low/reverse sprag and 29 element input sprag. Bearings. Beast sunshell. Rubber moulded piston upgrade. All new bushes. 3rd accumulator capsule. Sonnax check valve. Shift kit. Trans cooler.

I hope this thing works haha.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I reckon! my mate did a similar upgrade on his 4l60e and it all worked out great. Scary moment really, given how many parts and complexity to an auto
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I think our VX needs that check valve. I think it's easy to fit?
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

I've already pulled apart my spare 4l60e for my ute to rebuild :lol:
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

immortality wrote:I think our VX needs that check valve. I think it's easy to fit?
Very easy to fit
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

man you have to have a level of commitment and clear head to rebuild an auto good work mate.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.