Trans limp

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

Trans limp

Post by Kevspec »

Okay so since I've had the new trans built if I give it a hard launch it tends to go into fail safe mode. Thinking was in the tune which is now sweet I thought it would have gone now. But took it to drags on weekend and 2 out of 3 runs mainly shifting into 2nd goes into limp. Anyone had similar issues?
delcowizzid

Re: Trans limp

Post by delcowizzid »

What do you mean limp mode does it loose 1st gear and only have manual 2nd and 3rd no 1st and 4th and no automatic shifting?
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Yep and I need to turn car off and on to reset it
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Does it trip the check engine light the error codes should give you a hint as to the cause .low or high volts will do it or failing solinoids or loose or shorting wiring inside the box or if the oils getting screaming hot due to your convertor the temp sensor in the box will trigger limp mode.or the trans component slipping fault code triggering from your loose convertor you may have to disable some code processing flags
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Will the tunerpro log those errors or do I need to wait for it to come up again? As it's a soft code that resets with ignition. Haven't been able to check when it does happen.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah should show up in a log of you can get it to happen while logging