FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

not alot more progress since the last post, however i have given the diff a wash, took a while to scrape 20 years of shit off it and get it half decent, so its almost ready to start putting together for a dummy fit up. (note the pic below is before the wash :P)
in the mean time i just had to see what the backing plate looked like! :punk: certainly looks the part!
IMG_1356.jpg
i also forgot i purchased arp studs with it! and i need to get the lumps on the carrier bearing caps machined flat so the pre-load screws have a flat surface to press against, so i'll get them off to the machinist soon, i wanted to go and see him to get my steering rack shaft tweaked so two for one!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Certainly is a nice looking hunk of alloy.
brindo

Post by brindo »

Is that bung the oil level or the filler plug? Is there is a another bung lower for the level?
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

That alloy cover looks trick and stiffens the housing to boot
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

fitting near the top right is for filling, and the one bottom just off to the right of centre is drain, its also a magnetic screw!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm just glad there is love for the old M75 diff. You can certainly get some good gear for them if you look hard enough.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah sure can, i've basically bought new gears, new full spool (31 spline), new cover plate, and new weld on diff ends, then it will have billet axles, only old part left will be the housing itself!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I run a KAAZ center in mine, it works really well. It was not the only choice, there is another 3 or 4 other LSD makes I could of used too. Then there is another dozen makes of spool you can get.

gears are a bit limited these days with only 3.7 and 3.9, 4.11 available new. 3.23 and 3.45 and I am sure 3.08 are NLA now new, but at least used is still common enough except 3.23. Of course mine happen to be 3.23 as my choice. :lol:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i have a second hand set of 3.89's and a new set of 4.11 which is going into this one.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Turbo is good for gears doesn't matter what ratio we run as long as we have enough legs to get over the end before hitting the limiter out our time slips don't change .4.11 is the harshest on the pinion bearings as the teeth angle try to Jack the pinion sideways when you launch
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem