Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Had my shoulder surgery done last week, didn't get a chance to do the Calais trans service as the weather didn't cooperate :(

Now that I have some time on my hands and the pain killer haze has subsided a little bit I've had some time to think about all the projects and bits that need to go on cars. One that I started on some time ago but never completed was an LS style coil on plug ignition system conversion on the Senator using VL400's ingenious stand alone ignition box. The first thing that needs sorting out whilst all the bits are on the bench is setting up a new crank trigger. This is what I have to work with,
Crank trigger setup.jpeg
I was thinking off getting a 165mm 36-1 trigger wheel and mounting it between the AC alloy V belt pulley and the hub for the gilmer drive by machining the back of the hub down to sandwich it in between. Then I think I can make a sensor mount located off the 2 bolts on the side of the timing cover where the mechanical fuel pump was originally bolted on the older 308's. The only issue I see is that the sensor will be directly underneath the AC belt and should it ever throw a belt it might damage the sensor or loom?
jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

could you use the gilmer pulley as the sensor ring with a little bit ground off one off the teeth for the '1'
immortality

Post by immortality »

I don't think so, the material needs to be ferrous/magnetic for the sensor to pick it up.
jenko
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

didn't realise it was alloy, but it could be done
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i think your idea is going to be the easiest, but you are right, there is a risk of damage ... maybe just make two brackets and carry it and a spare sensor with you and the appropriate spanner ? ;)
immortality

Post by immortality »

That is always an option.

I've ordered the trigger wheel.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Postman left a prezzy for me today.
36-1 trigger wheel.jpeg
Heavy sucker for such a small thing, no problem though when we machine out the centre and a few holes for through bolts etc.

Also found a 2nd hand LSx Coil Driver module so the Calais is going to be getting an ignition upgrade soon.
jenko
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

an unfinished circular saw blade I would send it back and get one with tungsten tips :lol:
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Hahaha :thumbup:
immortality

Post by immortality »

Anybody here use home security camera systems?

Stuck at home ATM after shoulder surgery and getting bored not been able to do much so on the weekend I bought a home security camera. It's a little dome PoE IP camera Got a PoE network switch to power it and some cable. Courier driver delivered it this arvo so I just finished hooking it all up to test before I permanently mount it outside (or rather one of my boys does). Plan is to run the camera via the software that came with my Synology disk station.