Vn/vp Wirring diagrams

Wiring diagrams and questions
Humptydumpty
cars: Toyota Bundera, Sr Hilux, Hilux workmate.

Vn/vp Wirring diagrams

Post by Humptydumpty »

He ledgends,
Chasing a (if possible) dyslexic friendly ecu/engine loom harness schismatic as I’m trying to sort out some Wirring - I’m Wirring a vn/go harness onto a 1999 vs 304 that I’ve setup in a Toyota Bundera.
If I can get any good links or locations of info that would be great!

Hi guys,

Another question in regard to the air temp sensor and o2 sensor wires - I’m sorting the loom out and found 3 wires to the sensor plug - 1 is a power supply(purple wire) then a blue one that runs to a rectangle plug (see pic) then an orange one that runs back into the loom - can some tell me how this all Works (that rectangular plug doesn’t go to anything that I have) and the purple wire in last pic is o2 wire?

Anyone in Sydney Ryde area?
Attachments
5CFE82FF-01B4-4739-80CD-CEA09E124033.jpeg
E4D304FA-D815-4D8C-9608-BD2D02C98A5B.jpeg
A71F5EBE-3202-44D7-A9AB-F1F11E27315B.jpeg
3FD044ED-B9BB-4CA9-92F1-B6C3B9E7DECE.jpeg
8B734F4F-896E-4A91-9275-93E4FD4174D4.jpeg
Holden202T

Re: Vn/vp Wirring diagrams

Post by Holden202T »

VN_V6 Wiring Diagram_b.pdf
(45.49 KiB) Downloaded 993 times
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

The 3 wire plug is oil pressure sensor just use the thin wire to feed the oil light the other 2 went really needed they are just a backup power feed for the fuel pump
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
FXST02
cars: VP V6 Auto sedan

Re: Vn/vp Wiring diagrams

Post by FXST02 »

Try this one, I colourised it a while ago.
Attachments
H002.jpg
Humptydumpty

Post by Humptydumpty »

Thanks mate!!!
Humptydumpty

Re: Vn/vp Wirring diagrams help

Post by Humptydumpty »

Power supply to ECU/Wirring loom help

Solid red (constant to positive bat)?

Red with black line ( constant positive to bat)?

Purple wire (to a relay)?

Green with white line (to relay)?

Blue with yellow stripe (ignition acc wire) ?

Oil pressure switch wires (1 wire constant positive supply from battery to pressure switch then back to relay through return wire)?

Help required

Cheers

Tim
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

red/black constant
solid red is switched

note that the orange/red is early VN only and in late VN and all VP is solid red.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
FXST02

Post by FXST02 »

VN VP V6 ECU pinout
Attachments
VN VP v6 ECU pinout.pdf
(448.73 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
Humptydumpty

Post by Humptydumpty »

Can anyone confirm this is the correct Wirring to power up the ecu and system On a Vn ecu and Wirring loom.

- Purple/violet wire goes to pin 30 on relay (plus a positive supply wire to fuel pump from this same pin)

- relay pin 85 gets the green with white trace wire (this should be the wire that switches on relay wen ignition on) this is on a timer wen ignition is first turned on to start fuel pump?) not getting anything from this wire.

- relay pin 87 gets orange wire from oil pressure switch - the other side of oil pressure switch is direct to battery +(switches relay on once oil pressure is up) goes to relay pin 87

- relay pin 86 to body earth?

What am I missing? The red with black trace is getting a constant 12v from battery - the red wire is getting power from 2nd relay which is switching on and supplying power wen ignition is on. Earths are grounded. Igniter box is connected, dizzy is connected, coil is connected n injectors all plunges in etc....

Cheeeers
FXST02

Re: Vn/vp Wiring diagrams

Post by FXST02 »

Fuel Pump Relay
- Relay pin 87 the orange wire should be live (fuse 21) when the key is on
- Relay pin 30 gets its power from the when Relay 87 is energised by the key. With the key off there should be no power at the purple/violet oil switch wire.
- Relay pin 86 connects to relay pin 86 of the EFI relay circuit, then eventually goes to earth.

- Purple/violet wire goes to pin 30 on relay YES - (plus a positive supply wire to fuel pump from this same pin, NO)

- relay pin 85 gets the green with white trace wire YES - (this should be the wire that switches on relay when ignition on NO ) this is on a timer when ignition is first turned on to start fuel pump? NO) not getting anything from this wire. This circuit only goes to earth.

- relay pin 87 gets orange wire from oil pressure switch YES - the other side of oil pressure switch is direct to battery NO (see Side Note) +(switches relay on once oil pressure is up NO) goes to relay pin 87. Pin 87 is live when the key is ON, then this in turns powers the purple wire and the fuel pumps. The orange wire goes to the oil pressure switch and to fuse 21 and the 60A fuse near the battery.

- relay pin 86 to body earth? Not directly, it first needs to join the the EFI relay pin 86, then it runs to earth.

SIDENOTE: The oil pressure switch is a backup for turning on the fuel pumps only if the Fuel Pump Relay can't turn on due to some problem getting power to the relay.