Two-speed fans on 16206305.

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
bf6379
cars: HZ Kingswood 304
VS Ute 304
VE SV6 3.6 SIDI
VF SS 6.2

Re: Two-speed fans on 16206305.

Post by bf6379 »

I think I am beginning to understand.

The $12, $A5, $12P is the "operating system" that is also stored on the memcal.

I was confused about changing the bin file to one that couldn't be read in Tunerpro by the same xdf. I thought the definition was set by the ECU type...

Am I new to this.

Thanks,

Brett.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I agree, that is a good solution.

Yes, thats right the number is the operating system, and the xdf defines where the settings are for that operating system. There are multiple operating systems for each ecm, and in the later ones, even revisions so you have a, b, c etc.

The P suffix was added by forum member VL400 who reverse engineered the whole thing for the earlier ECM generations and added the after market features. This is why its the best by a large margin, and why you can put it on compatible computers even if its got a memcal with a different (but related) operating system.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Antus wrote:
flex fan.png
Just some more info on setting the flex table up.... you can see in Antus example the min and max of the CTX is set to 50 and 151, and this is fine, however it means you get less resolution in the cells of the table.

if for example you set it to min = 90 & max = 100, this will give you almost 1 degree per cell.

you have to remember, outside of the table values it uses the last value, so you dont need to have the full range of numbers in the table, only enough to define your on/off points.
fan test 2.jpg
also to note, and i guess its personal preference, the option there to have it only work if the engine is running.
bf6379
cars: HZ Kingswood 304
VS Ute 304
VE SV6 3.6 SIDI
VF SS 6.2

Post by bf6379 »

Now that my options on the two-speed fans have been explored, I have a few more questions:

Looks like the best way to go is to convert my current 5A bin (which seems to run somewhat against 12 xdf in Tunerpro) to 12P. Is this just a case of manually looking at each parameter/table in my current bin and copying it over to an existing 12P bin? What is the easiest way to do this? Run two instances of Tunerpro, one against the $12 xdf and another against $12P?

How do I open that "Flexible Output Editor"? I did play with the OSE Flashtool, but how do I get that to run in Tunerpro like Holden202T and Antus did? Edit: [I got this sorted, don't worry]

The next thing I want to look at is using rpm limiting (preferably soft limiting) for launch control and flat shifting. This would require a physical electrical switch on the clutch. the 165 has seven unused inputs in the VS V8 manual application (B9, B10, C7, C8, C9, D11 and C15). B9 is described as "AB Switch". Anyone know what this is? Edit: [A/B Switch toggles between the A and B maps. Is that correct?]

B10 is only used on automatics. I have found some parameters relating to this input.

How do I use one of the inputs to switch the limiting function?

Thanks,

Brett.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep, open 2 or more copies of tunerpro and copy what you need across (use the tools/custom tools/new tunerpro instance menu item to do this). Note that a $12 xdf on a 5A bin wont properly line up across everything, so you'll need to sanity check the data and dont copy across data that isnt mapped correctly and doesnt make sense. Better to use a $5A xdf, if there is one with what you want mapped.

You can set map A and map B tables the same and use a physical switch in the clutch fuel all cylinder fuel cut. Mostly people have used 11P as it can do spark cut but thats on the '411 computer hardware. On 12P you'll get fuel cut and it'll drop all cylinders to get the revs down. Maybe that'll work for you but not as good as random cylinder spark cut for spooling up boost so I thought i'd mention it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396