Editing and writing EFIL COS file w/TPRT & PCMH

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
bbpanel

Editing and writing EFIL COS file w/TPRT & PCMH

Post by bbpanel »

I posted this on the TPRT Forum w/o any responses so I'll see if perhaps there is a different audience here.

I have an EFILive COS "tun" file (P01 PCM). I had it exported to a "bin" format (using EFIL). I was able to read the Calibration Segment Info using TPRT5 and the OS = 1270003. This corresponds to an EFILive COS for a GM OS = 12208322 (2001 P01). Using an XDF corresponding to that GM OS I was able to read quite a bit about the bin file and everything I found agrees with what I know about the tune.

Even though the XDF is not showing any of the EFILive COS tables/parameters I am able to view those portions of the bin that are OEM tables/parameters, etc. – at least I assume that is what I’m seeing. Can anyone verify that?

So, my question is if I can view an oem table/parameter can I edit any of these tables/parameters and not corrupt the bin file? And if I can do that, can I use PCMHammer to write the edited EFIL bin file to my PCM? Does PCMHammer care that it is an EFIL file?
Holden202T

Re: Editing and writing EFIL COS file w/TPRT & PCMH

Post by Holden202T »

if the table is correctly showing in tunerpro i can see why it wouldn't work.
bbpanel

Post by bbpanel »

Holden202T wrote:if the table is correctly showing in tunerpro i can see why it wouldn't work.
You lost me with that - could you elaborate?
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

he forgot the the 't

all the standard calibration data is still in the same spot as normal. they just added tables and changed background code for the COS
bbpanel

Post by bbpanel »

Ok, that's encouraging - what are your thoughts on this?
.. will PCMHammer write the EFIL COS bin file to my PCM? Complete, including the COS parameters/tables, etc? Does PCMHammer care that it is an EFIL COS file?
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

The app itself doesn't know what's in the files. But if the seed/key algorithm is different from GM's, PCM Hammer will not be able to unlock the PCM.

That said, the developers of the app really wish people wouldn't use it to poach from EFI Live and HP Tuners.
If you want a custom operating system, you should buy one from EFI Live or HP Tuners. Don't use our software to steal theirs.

If you have the skills to contribute to an open source custom operating system, we'd love to have your help with that.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
allenmathew

Post by allenmathew »

very well explained.
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

NSFW wrote:The app itself doesn't know what's in the files. But if the seed/key algorithm is different from GM's, PCM Hammer will not be able to unlock the PCM.

That said, the developers of the app really wish people wouldn't use it to poach from EFI Live and HP Tuners.
If you want a custom operating system, you should buy one from EFI Live or HP Tuners. Don't use our software to steal theirs.

If you have the skills to contribute to an open source custom operating system, we'd love to have your help with that.
I have workshop licensing for ls1 stuff & have started to migrate most of my big hp stuff to haltech ecu's, but I would be happy to help test & throw idea's around since I have no coding skills.

In saying that, I'm a realist in that the efilive custom os code is pretty bloody good, so you'd need to imitate it's features as a good start.

With the advent of turbo's being able to do some form of boost per gear or rpm control would be awesome.