Bosch 36/lb Injectors

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
VSRaptor
cars: Vp Commodore V8
Vs Commodore ute V6

Bosch 36/lb Injectors

Post by VSRaptor »

Just like some feedback regarding the Bosch L67 36 lb/hr injectors I have. I suspect they are not working optimum at WOT. They don't seem to make that typical pulsating knocking sound like they used to 4 yrs ago when I had them installed. Idle, start and 3/4 throttle is great but it at WOT, it feels the same at 3/4 throttle. FPR is recently new, pump is a few yrs old and the filter replaced at the same time. When I had the manifold off to replace the inlet manifold gasket, I did hook up a 9V battery to test it and some make louder clicking noise than others.
Is it worth getting them serviced and flow tested or just buy new ones for the price? Do injectors have a x amount of mileage travel before replacing it? Mace has genuine ones for $60 more than my local shop charges to get them serviced. I bought the 2nd hand raptor kit 4 yrs back and Tim at raptor did service the supercharger and the injectors.
Holden202T

Re: Bosch 36/lb Injectors

Post by Holden202T »

the only way your really going to know is to get them flow tested.
VSRaptor
cars: Vp Commodore V8
Vs Commodore ute V6

Post by VSRaptor »

I think I'll order the brand new ones as the cheapest a efi shop charges is $44 per injector to service and flow test and I can get a new genuine Bosch from Mace Engineering for $310 including post.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

PM The1 as he can test & clean them for you & will have sheet for results then!