I reqire help to set up an 808

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ladaok
cars: none

I reqire help to set up an 808

Post by ladaok »

Hello. I reside in Te Puke. a small town within the North Island of New Zealand .. I'm hoping to find someone
who can help show me how to set up the electronics to convert my project car to FI. I have the 808 & navram bits, but I am missing the laptop, wiring plugs and sensors at present. I dont think this is a biggy, possibly the L/T is important ? I have had contact with a fellow at the bottom of the South Island, who has been very helpful but this is well over a 1000 Km away from me

So the call goes out for someone who maybe closer ....Ta

robbie
j_ds_au

Re: I reqire help to set up an 808

Post by j_ds_au »

Yeah, you'll at least need a laptop and a comm's adaptor board for your '808 to get started. Can't help you proximity wise.

Joe.
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

I think I have a com adapt boad ?
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

ladaok wrote:I think I have a com adapt boad ?
This is it :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3613

There was/is also an earlier RS-232 version.
Edit, this one can be seen here :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5222

Joe.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Did I fit your boards in your ecu ages ago
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

Hello Delco.... yes you did, & thank you for all the effort. I need to see a plain jane with no last name 808 set up, so I can copy, just to get going
would you know of a person that could help ... I don't mind travelling ... seeing is believing.

robbie
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I could probably make you up a standalone loom if that's what you need to get it on your engine and running
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

hello Delco.

The chap in the SI sent pictures of his 808 set up on a bench to the L/T and he was able to test in/outputs ( I think).... but as always, they have disappeared on the ethernet

I can dig around and procure sensors and original connectors and looms ... maybe see if I can ask the fellow to send pics again

Just hoping someone in the BOP has the knowledge

Ta muchly Delco, and I still owe you the freight

robbie
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

(1)
Removing the ' 808 ' from some packaging, I notice that there is now a big black object that looks like a relay ,,,NAVRAM ? and a mod inside with wiring to the side of the ecu chassis ....this is the communication port with cable to a laptop ?? ... does this mean I don't need a flash tool and you don't need to use the original ecu connecter to make changes to a file ?

(2)
I seem to be having a heck of a job finding plugs and associated wiring to / from the ECU ( @ a reasonable cost ) ...It appears Dick Turpin is alive and well ! Are there unwired plugs avaliable, How many wires are actually needed to / from the ECU
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

are you referring to something like this ? (but a usb port)
808 - realtime setup2.jpg
808 - realtime setup2.jpg (166.15 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
If so then you still need the flash tool which allows you to read and write the tune to the nvram.