VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
The1

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by The1 »

ive done this on my dev boards, but havn't on anyone else's, you'd hope to not brick it very often if ever. But no reason you can't if you want to.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

OK, I've got a question regarding the application of these enhanced firmware bins. If upgrading say, VS V6 N/A firmware "BWPJ" to "VS_V6_$51_Enhanced_v1.4b", by burning onto a memcal, does the enhanced firmware use the existing data structures in EEPROM "as is" or does it use a different/incompatible layout? If the former, then I can simply swap between the two firmware bins at will. If the latter, what steps are required to "migrate" the existing EEPROM data?

Joe.
The1

Post by The1 »

firmwares can't be swapped as the code is different in that the extra changes made and some of the old CAL and Program area is changed and used also for VS V6 N/A Enhanced it's based off CKUL. You will need to have 2 tunerpro windows open, one with old setup and one with new enhanced setup and copy across the tables and values manually then reburn the whole bin to the chip.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Thanks, Nigel!

Joe.
vHell83
cars: Supercharged VH V6

Post by vHell83 »

The VS V8 Bin, is that for S3 only with the maf?
The1

Post by The1 »

yes as Series 1 and 2 are MAP
Nathen
cars: VY SII Factory Lpg Police pack

Post by Nathen »

Hi just wondering if any body has created bins the issue variations of aldl messages. I am playing with an lpg installation and a VY 060B Bin. I have both a petrol and Lpg bins and have worked out how the system is wired and works. I looked at trying to disassemble myself as I would like to work out where the maps for valve wear reduction and petrol start are. However I quickly realised it was way over my head
The1

Post by The1 »

im not aware of any, only LPG had extra spark tables and BLM Values.
Nathen
cars: VY SII Factory Lpg Police pack

Post by Nathen »

Ok whats the best way to identify these extra things? Other than disassembly.
I Know that the Pcm tells the cluster that it is on Lpg via Aldl. I also Know that it grounds the tank input to turn the LPG on and I have also been able to prove when cold it uses petrol. The switch off seems to be related to TPS.
Why does X2 have power on all the time (only fact LPG), Does this tell the rom to do something?
Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. I have so many Questions posting.php?mode=reply&f=27&t=2518#

On the Lpg Pcms extra Pin outs Are

X2 Pin F16 Power on all the time
X1 pin A3 PCM output. Grounds to turn on the tank Valve and Regulator Valve
X3 Pin E16 PCM Output to Fuel control valve. Looks like this is just pulses off and on to control the vacuum on the regulator. The FCV is the same valve that is used for the evaporative canister control.
X3 pin F4in a switched input to swap between LPG and Petrol.
The PCM is not special. I flashed the Bin into a PCM I got from the wreckers and it worked perfectly. SO I guess these connections are standard I/O
The1

Post by The1 »

I havnt been doing any dev the last few years due to family, unfortunately the code layout and alot of the routines on Flash pcm's is a bit different to the normal memcal based pcm's which i worked on so i dont have much information as i didn't do much on them, i know your pain, been through it many years getting the enhanced bins to where they are now, unfortunately LPG isn't something i did any work on cause well there was no demand and better things to spend the time developing for which would be much more widely used in enhanced mod which is basicly for performance applications.

You may get more answers and help if you post in the main threads. From a look at my notes this is what i have that might help, which is what i removed in enhanced to make room, though it's for a 060A bin type so the offset maybe different. But yeh basicly you'l need to define tables and scalars, then find the code that uses it and see what the routine does, you may also be able to find other scalars or tables that are looked up from those routines.

5790 Litre per/hour for dash FDB
5797 LPG Option Flag Bit 1
57AC LPG Low Spark 3D Table <4800rpm
589D LPG Low Spark 3D Table >4800rpm
58E6 LPG High Spark 3D Table <4800rpm
59D7 LPG High Spark 3D Table >4800rpm
5A2A LPG Spark IAT 3D Table
5AAE LPG High Spark EGR 3D Table
5B67 LPG Low Spark EGR 3D Table
Between the 5B67 Table and 5FXX? seems to be LPG Related Cals

Yes id say there would cals in that range that would control switching of petrol and LPG and vice versa.

There might be wiring diagrams here to that helps.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4978