VR PCM '424 into VT VX VY V6

Wiring diagrams and questions
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

VR PCM '424 into VT VX VY V6

Post by L67PSI »

Hi all,

I've been thinking about this for a while so decided to make this post. Say I was to wire in a VR V6 auto PCM '424 into a VT VX or VY V6 Auto. Could I get it talking to the factory dash? What other issues could arise? I assume it would revert back to batch fire injection.

Only thinking about this as a MAFless option.

Would like to hear your feedback or suggestions.

Thanks
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VR PCM '424 into VT VX VY V6

Post by Dylan »

I has been done on VT's before with success
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Post by L67PSI »

I realize it's been done before, but looking at what issues would need to be overcome. I did a search but couldn't come up with any specific info.

One thing would be to swap to a single Buick VN VP VR knock sensor.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

old thread dig, but i'll add some details. yes wont drive some of the dash functions. you cant use the buick knock sensor, its tuned for the resonant frequency of the engine during knock and its different on an ecotech. its also not calibrateable. turn off the knock retard by maxing out the temperature knock retard is enabled. there may be more. you should be able to get good results keeping with the maf and running the1s enhanced while keeping everything working. mafless this way is fine if your prepared for the bits to stop working but maf is just as tuneable and the1's enhanced can support boost.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396