Camira

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
delcowizzid

Re: Camira

Post by delcowizzid »

You can map the whole spark curve in the ecu when running a dizzy thats how camera is.the dizzy is locked inside so it has no mechanical or vac advance the ecu tells the coil when to fire for each cylinder
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

ladaok wrote:I think I may have mislead people ,....I don't have a Camira, I managed to score the wiring loom from one. this will suit my 4 cyl car. Can I rewire the ECU plug to crank trigger and eliminate the distributor wiring ?

ta ...robbie
What motor/car is this going on?
ladaok
cars: none

Post by ladaok »

delcowizzid wrote:You can map the whole spark curve in the ecu when running a dizzy thats how camera is.the dizzy is locked inside so it has no mechanical or vac advance the ecu tells the coil when to fire for each cylinder
Thank you ' Delco W ' ..... that is good news, ..what / where gives the reference trigger point for the ECU
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

heff0018 wrote:
ladaok wrote:I think I may have mislead people ,....I don't have a Camira, I managed to score the wiring loom from one. this will suit my 4 cyl car. Can I rewire the ECU plug to crank trigger and eliminate the distributor wiring ?

ta ...robbie
What motor/car is this going on?
This will be used in my Russian Lada 2107 ...this is the 5 speed g/b with a 1569 cc SOHC iron block aluminium alloy 8 port 2 v/cyl
Standard it uses a DD 28/36 Weber copy and a semi free flow iron EX

Over the years I have modified many cyl heads ...and the Lada head INT manifold and carb got the treatment ...I lost a full static compression ratio of very close to 1 ( 7.5:1 ) But what I lost there I easily picked up with the dynamic flow and CR ....around 30% ...so touching 100bhp at the crank

I'm sick and tired with side draft carbs, ...any one who has used these knows the effort that goes into gettig a good tune .....and using mechanical spark A/R is a nightmare

The electronic system is obviously the ONLY way forward, and I do realise the set up will be time consuming ....but acurate esp on the IGN mapping where I suspect there is plenty of hidden torque / hp

If it interests any one, I am going to change to a Rover 1600cc ohc 16 flat top valve piston but finding the right rod to hang underneath is not easy The GM 2.4 rod as used in Captiva is a candidate ....is there somewhere in this forum to quiz the readers ?? ....ta robbie
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

The Camira setup would be a good place to start as it is simple, easy to get running and you can use the Camira coil and ignition module

The Distributor provides the reference point for the ECU.

I was lucky as my Valiant ELB distributor was perfectly suited to this setup. Other members may have input on the Lada distributor.

Good luck.
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

heff0018 wrote:The Camira setup would be a good place to start as it is simple, easy to get running and you can use the Camira coil and ignition module

The Distributor provides the reference point for the ECU.

I was lucky as my Valiant ELB distributor was perfectly suited to this setup. Other members may have input on the Lada distributor.

Good luck.
well I can lock the Lada distrb up and mod it to take Cameria sensors or bits ....but the thing is the ECU was from a V8 ?

I will read all the links Antus sent & see if I can work it out
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If the lada dizzy is a 2 wire reluctor sensor and has a 4 evenly spaced tooth trigger wheel you will be plug and play with the bim 6 wire ignition module like used for 202 conversion like in Holden 202s how to Delco your 202 thread.if it has too many teeth it could be modified into 4 evenly spaced teeth if the tooth count is devidable by 4
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

delcowizzid wrote:If the lada dizzy is a 2 wire reluctor sensor and has a 4 evenly spaced tooth trigger wheel you will be plug and play with the bim 6 wire ignition module like used for 202 conversion like in Holden 202s how to Delco your 202 thread.if it has too many teeth it could be modified into 4 evenly spaced teeth if the tooth count is devidable by 4
Haha, you would'nt believe it, but I have just, before reading your post come across anothe 202T thread on ' How to convert a 202 to delco ' this has been sitting in my file along with ' Converting a 202 to crank trigger '...but I failed to go back and read it !! ??...... i'll be on to it thanks

Can you or anyone recommend a good all GM / Holden online forum .... I'm looking for GM conrods as used in the Vauxhall 2.4 petrol engine and used in other car types...I believe the Holden Captiva . ...ta ..robbie
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

Was going to ask you's all if any info on Cameria wiring diagram, ...found it here viewtopic.php?f=32&t=169

Long time ago, but what eventuated Rock Lobster ?

The Cameria loom and IN manifold seem to be missing bits ? air idle mechanism, ( is this similar same as VN etc) can the water temp sensor and MAP be anything other than GM holden ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

IAC is in the TB, its compatible. Water temp and map are also compatible. Use VN/VP Commodore/JE Camira/LD Astra/N13 Pulsar sensors interchangeably, but be careful about the TPS, I dont know that they are all physically the same. I know later commodores have the same look TPS, but they swing the other way. I _think_ these models are the same, but if your grabbing a throttlebody, grab the sensors with it to avoid it being a problem in the first place.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396