Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by Dylan »

HQ355 wrote:UPC has shut down as well so you’d have to find a second hand kit
How long ago did that happen? Choose to shit down or something go wrong? I had a fair bit to do with them back in the day.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

I don’t know the reason behind him shutting, I was looking at getting one of his rear kits for the HQ and another mate was as well, he started putting up a lot of big dollar things for sale like he was chasing money then just shut ? Lucky I didn’t hand over any money as something just didn’t feel right .
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

HQ355 wrote:UPC has shut down as well so you’d have to find a second hand kit
I knew they were packing their Australian manufacturing up & moving it to the USA.
But thought they were still going to be selling the kits through ebay ?
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Wow, that’s funny, he told my mate he was getting into mining as he could make heaps more money, told me his business partner shafted him, who knows, I’ve used a few of his kits and I liked them, great value for the money. The end of local manufacturing could’ve stuffed it for him as well as most of his kits used the HSV take off calipers etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Been a while so time for an update....

Shoulder is still average, saw surgeon in November and he thought another 12-18 months for the pain and fatigue in the shoulder to settle. In the mean time he said just push it as far as you can and it's going to hurt! which it is :(

Been busy doing little jobs around the house and neglecting the cars, but the Calais needed some loving so it got it's 240,000km service this week (only 1800km late) with some Penrite 15w-40 full zinc mineral oil. It seems to be working even at 12,000km the engine was still quiet like the day I filled it and on the first start after the oil change no lifter noise :)

Mate was around for some tune adjustments on his and so I decided to try a few things on the Calais as well and it seems happy, throttle response is great now when before it was good some days and but not on others? I've also decided to try some colder plugs. Previously I've been running Autolite 606 plugs (standard heat range) with a .055" or 1.39mm gap. The car was still running great so I've put in some Autolite 605 plugs (1 step colder) and put then in at the same gap the old plugs came out (1.45mm). Not sure how long those have been in but it looks like about .6mm wear. Plugs look half decent and I would have put em back in if I wasn't going to test with colder plugs. I'm gonna try adding a little more timing and hopefully no fouling.
0-02-07-25a7ad374177c632518289bae95731b0604f330df5833918aa767f3cf12532d9_1a4f4b77.jpg
That's about it for now, back to painting...
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah certainly look ok :) keep them for spares :)
immortality

Post by immortality »

Yup, they'll end up on a work bench somewhere for all eternity or until the next clean-out.

Been for a couple of drives since fitting the colder plugs, it drives fine but it has lost a little something? I'll give it a few more days to see if anything changes but I'm considering adding a touch of timing to see if that compensates for the cooler plugs.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I can't see the ground straps, however I would not of gone 1 cooler. JMO
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
immortality

Post by immortality »

I had the plugs, if it works it works, if it doesn't nothing is really lost other than another plug change a bit sooner than expected.

I might pull one out this weekend and see if it looks different after a few days of regular commute style driving.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Awe man you don't wanna do that, that makes ya smarter ... ;)
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!