Wiring up vss speed sensor help

Wiring diagrams and questions
Humptydumpty
cars: Toyota Bundera, Sr Hilux, Hilux workmate.

Wiring up vss speed sensor help

Post by Humptydumpty »

Hi guys,
How do I wire up the speed sensor?
It’s going in a Toyota Bundera - Ive got the in-line cable vss mechanism it’s a 2 pulse hal affect setup.

Where do I wire it into as in where do I find the wire on the loom? It’s a vp loom an ecu...

I’m ok with getting the ignition supply and earth but just need to sort the signal wire.

Thanks
j_ds_au

Re: Wiring up vss speed sensor help

Post by j_ds_au »

I believe that's an '808 ECU, so terminal A10 is VSS and A11 is ground. The ECU has a 5k1 pull-up resistor to V-Ignition at the A10 terminal, so presumably is driven by a reed switch or some such (eg. open-collector sensor output).

Joe.
Humptydumpty
cars: Toyota Bundera, Sr Hilux, Hilux workmate.

Post by Humptydumpty »

Thanks heeps Joe!

So if I find the a10 pin on back of ecu plug and do an ohms test with multie metre I should be able to find the wire.

As for the A11 do I need to connect that to the earth wire on the vss sender off the gearbox?

Trying to wrap my brain around it all A’s this is the first major conversion (electronic anyway) I’ve done....
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Humptydumpty wrote:Thanks heeps Joe!

So if I find the a10 pin on back of ecu plug and do an ohms test with multie metre I should be able to find the wire.

As for the A11 do I need to connect that to the earth wire on the vss sender off the gearbox?

Trying to wrap my brain around it all A’s this is the first major conversion (electronic anyway) I’ve done....
Yes, you should be able to find the other end of the loom wires using a resistance check. As I don't have specific information on the wiring loom, I don't know where the A11 wire is normally grounded, it may be at the gearbox as you suggest.

Joe.