Help needed with Carby V6

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
CarbV6
cars: 1993 hilux surf import
1993 hilux ute
1984 croana

Help needed with Carby V6

Post by CarbV6 »

Hey why I’m building and VR/VS V6 hilux as a skid car with a carby on meth. As I what to keep it as simple and cheap as possible and without having the need to carry a computer to tune the car at events has anyone built a stand alone ignition to run the motor.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Help needed with Carby V6

Post by Dylan »

That is not keeping it simple.

Once you install a meth fuel system and injectors.
Get a memcals to suit it will be set and forget.
CarbV6
1993 hilux ute
1984 croana

Post by CarbV6 »

I’m not running injection. I plan on running a 450 Holley with vacuum operated secondary’s. I’ve got everything for the carby setup except the ignition. I’m toying with the idea of a belt driven dizzy. But I figured I check here if anyone and built something or could build something.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:That is not keeping it simple.

Once you install a meth fuel system and injectors.
Get a memcals to suit it will be set and forget.

Agreed, this way over complicates it and results won't be as good as keeping it injected. It's a no brainer to keep it EFI
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
CarbV6
1993 hilux ute
1984 croana

Post by CarbV6 »

I don’t see how wiring a complete injection, ignition system and fuel system for a v6 or spending the couple of k for a efi system when I have everything for the carby to run methanol. Minus the ignition. If I was running it on a circuit I would run efi for the variable timing curve but as it’s for a skid car I’m chasing a locked time curve. And plus with a simple ignition setup And a carby if anything goes wrong it’s easier to diagnose.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If you just want locked timing just power the dfi and advance the trigger wheels on the balancer to your required timing its how the speedway guys here do it .But they do go through a lot of engines hahaha.or leave the ecu and map sensor and coolant sensor and it works just like an msd programmable ignition module
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Fabricated solutions
cars: 1985 chevy crew cab dually 4x4 1 ton camper special, 1998 chevy suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 full custom, 1985 chevy s10 build in progress. 1995 chevy suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 almost done.

Post by Fabricated solutions »

I have seen demolition derby cars setup with an adapter to run carbs. Basically it was a box that fit the tube intake on am injected engine and the carb feeds the box. They used a low presure electric pump to feed the carb and left the computer garbage run all the rest of engine except the fuel. This way you can run as rich or lean as you want and computer only does the sparking for you. Gm 3.1 front wheel drives are good examples. They just drill the carb pattern into upper intake and block the round inlet hole. Works well.