GitHub repo for XDFs

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: GitHub repo for XDFs

Post by Gampy »

antus wrote:A good test would be something like a vin change. The flash tool kernel should handle both chips at os write time, typically, but the question is if an intel os can update the paramater block on an amd flash chip with the factory reflash code when it needs too.
I would say waste of time, you've RTM, seen the code, i've RTM, seen the code, as others have ... Though I have been surprised many times in my life.

I don't have a recovery method, I shake to much to de-solder, if I f'up my units I'm twiddling my thumbs till may or so when my car and I can leave our cave to go get another.

[edit]
To be clear, not worried about bricking with that OS, but I do believe it'll never be happy.
Reading is the same, so it should very well accept a kernel, thus re-flash ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ShorTuning
cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

Gampy wrote:
ShorTuning wrote:I have flashed all different tune files in all different P59's and not had any issues.
So you have flashed OsID 12579405 on one of the following Hardware ID's, No issues, meaning the Os was happy??
I will certainly test it. I have a bench full of these PCM's here.

Admittely the '9405 OS isn't a popular one being the first year for the P59 architecture so I do not use that one often. 99% of the ones I use are the 2004 '603 OS for the 2003-2005 stuff and the '811 OS for the 2006-2007 stuff. Mainly due to the compatibility with the TAC module IF it is electronic throttle equipped.

I'll test and report back.

Worst case it bricks a PCM of which "may" be able to be recovered by resetting the chip.
ShorTuning
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

Successfully flashed '9405 OS into a '162 Hardware P59.
9405 OS Flashed into '162 P59.png
ShorTuning
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

Shut off PCM for 15+ seconds and powered it back up and read the file back out successfully. Did a compare file to the original pull and all is the same as well.

Now I know this is HPTuners and not PCM Hammer or other open source softwares but this confirms that it is in fact functional.
9405 OS Reading from '162 P59.png
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

ShorTuning wrote:Worst case it bricks a PCM of which "may" be able to be recovered by resetting the chip.
We already knew it would not brick it ...
ShorTuning wrote:Successfully flashed '9405 OS into a '162 Hardware P59.
We already knew it would flash ...
ShorTuning wrote:Shut off PCM for 15+ seconds and powered it back up and read the file back out successfully. Did a compare file to the original pull and all is the same as well.

Now I know this is HPTuners and not PCM Hammer or other open source softwares but this confirms that it is in fact functional.
The tool doesn't matter, though surprised HPT allowed it, however, it was all a waste of time ...

You have proved absolutely nothing we didn't already know, and eluded to if not out right stated above, if you really want to test it, you need to run a vehicle with it ... Ensure it saves it's parameters and it's not throwing codes.
Of course without disabling the thrown codes!

A simple VIN change (as stated above) would of made this a lot more worthwhile and not such an absolute waste of time!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Thats a pretty harsh reply to someone putting in time and sharing results. Please be nice.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I'm sorry, I thought I was being nice!

My apologies ...

[edit]
It's out there, I can't change it, if I had it to do again, I would only remove the first two paragraphs and the ", however, it was all a waste of time".

ShorTuning
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

You didn't specify anything other than put XXX OS into YYY hardware. I will put the PCM in a vehicle and run it to satisfy your request. Want me to rotate my tires and dance on one foot too?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

ShorTuning wrote:You didn't specify anything other than put XXX OS into YYY hardware. I will put the PCM in a vehicle and run it to satisfy your request. Want me to rotate my tires and dance on one foot too?
Oh but I did ...
Gampy wrote:
ShorTuning wrote:I have flashed all different tune files in all different P59's and not had any issues.
So you have flashed OsID 12579405 on one of the following Hardware ID's, No issues, meaning the Os was happy??
[edit]
You don't have to put it in a vehicle for this test, burn the OS, battery off, wait, battery on, change VIN, battery off, wait, battery on, does the VIN stick.

ShorTuning
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

I will test it shortly. On the dyno at the moment.