V6 ability for pcm hammer.

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: V6 ability for pcm hammer.

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre, No, letting the brain rest on another project at the moment ...

[off topic]
David, You built yours by choice, We also built ours by choice, the poor choice of the original builder long before we bought the place ... Ours burnt down December 26, 2004.
Insu. denied claim, took 7 years and $$ to get them to pay, they did in the end but we lost more then we paid for the house in the first place ... We have paid for this house two and a half times!
Only parts that remain the same are the concrete and the first floor sub structure, built an entirely new design (my own, in CAD) from first sub floor up.

Yes, we would have been better off walking away and defaulting, we didn't know what we know now or we would have ... Hind sight is 20 20.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

still playing around with getting my own kernel to even get a response on hammer for fun, but Nodda here are my kernel files can someone take a look and see what Im fudging up for educational reasons
Attachments
mykernelinfo.zip
(25.18 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Whats wrong with it? Theres no batch files there, I put the bat files and kernel.ld back in and ran build .bat and I got a 6172 byte kernel from it. My p04 isnt here yet, so thats as far as I can go right now. Was it build problems or run problems?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

builds just fine and small enough to load but wont run.
i get the loaded successfully response but nothing after that
heres the build and other files also
Attachments
allthefiles.zip
(47.09 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Well in that case gampy hasnt posted his kernel, or source code. Probably he updated the dlc registers, cop2, and load address as thats what we discussed in the thread, but at the moment hes the only one who can say. I'll join the testing once my pcm is here, probabaly Holden202T will when his is as well. Until then...
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

im keen to get mine :)

according to ebay tracking from 16th Jan ... Siunta gauta gavėjo (arba tranzitinės) šalies skirstymo centre

and according to google translate ... The shipment was received at a distribution center in the country of destination (or transit)

might see it this week if im lucky.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre,

When you asked me via PM, I asked you to please be patient and allow me to suss out the exact changes.
Please do so.

You are the only other person on this planet that has a working PcmHammer read kernel for a P04 ...

The kernel I gained access with is different and the only way to diff the changes is by human eye!
It's not much code but it does take concentration.
As I stated in the same PM, It's not as simple as copy and paste programming!

I don't have a life, I do just sit here like a good dog, but that does not mean PcmHammer is my only project.

And as I stated in that same PM, I assure you when I get it sorted out I will make it public.

I'll add, Sorted out to my satisfaction against PcmHammer code base, either develop or P04 depending on the particular change.

Please be patient.

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

Gampy wrote:Vampyre,

When you asked me via PM, I asked you to please be patient and allow me to suss out the exact changes.
Please do so.

You are the only other person on this planet that has a working PcmHammer read kernel for a P04 ...

The kernel I gained access with is different and the only way to diff the changes is by human eye!
It's not much code but it does take concentration.
As I stated in the same PM, It's not as simple as copy and paste programming!

I don't have a life, I do just sit here like a good dog, but that does not mean PcmHammer is my only project.

And as I stated in that same PM, I assure you when I get it sorted out I will make it public.

I'll add, Sorted out to my satisfaction against PcmHammer code base, either develop or P04 depending on the particular change.

Please be patient.

wasnt trying to rush you, just trying to learn since we have others involved thought they might show me what im doing wrong to get my version to work.

after looking back at log from your kernel gampy kernel still didnt read the chip ID i just have program setup to default to intel 512 chip

TX: 8C FE F0 3F
[12:52:56:146] Waited 2seconds.. no data present
[12:52:56:158] AVT: no message waiting.
[12:52:56:167] Receive timed out. Attempt #5, Timeout #5.
[12:52:56:178] Unable to determine which flash chip is in this PCM
[12:52:56:197] Flash chip: Intel 28F400B, 512kb
[12:52:56:209] Address % Done Time Remaining
[12:52:56:222] Sending 'test device present' notification.
[12:52:56:232] TX: 8C FE F0 3F
[12:52:56:247] Reading from 0 / 0x0, length 4096 / 0x1000
[12:52:56:262] TX: 6D 10 F0 35 01 10 00 00 00 00
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

That is a test kernel, there is no Chip ID code in that kernel.

Had to lose something to skinny it up to fit ...

PcmHammer defaults to a 512k Pcm anyways and has for as long as I can remember.

Remember the conversation about how to eat an elephant??

Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

Good to know about default I can remove the case 000000 then from chipids, Ive started program side adding stuff to pcminfo to get program to change stuff up for p04 and the 4cyl pcm (blue/black) and switch between a read and write kernel, also chip type by osid. Its slow going since I am learning C as I go. Big jump from "Hello world" to this.