Bosch LY7 (VE style) to Delco?

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Re: Bosch LY7 (VE style) to Delco?

Post by hsv08 »

Yeah I knew the 30 second wait time would need to happen if brute forcing it. Was hoping you could just send a read table command if you knew it however that seems to be the limiting factor with the E55 in that nobody knows where the VATS is (if any at all) and or the location of the immo isnt in the main OS / Cal bin file and is stored else where.

Would be handy to find as I have so many ecus here now with mismatched vins to immo and or no vin therefore no immo lookup.

Shame the ecu doesn't have eeproms to clip to like everything else Haha.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

The only other place the security code is stored is in the PIM , after reseting pcm using the PCM security code , when you link PIM and PCM the security code used is the one on the PIM ,the PCM then learns the PIM security code, if you read PIM eeprom, security code is last 2 bytes and there byte swapped from memory.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

vn5000 wrote:The only other place the security code is stored is in the PIM , after reseting pcm using the PCM security code , when you link PIM and PCM the security code used is the one on the PIM ,the PCM then learns the PIM security code, if you read PIM eeprom, security code is last 2 bytes and there byte swapped from memory.
Yeah that's how I normally do my resets or relinks without physically knowing the code. All my second hand ecus that come to me need to come with there corresponding pim so I can pull the immo on the eprom and delink without having to chat to Holden.
You can also reset a pim and a ecu and then you can choose your own code to link to ecu by punching xxxx in the "pim and ecu replaced" menu.

But still back to the same prob with having to either have a matching pim or the immo stored in ecu actually being that of the one registered to vin through the holden portal.
If somebody's linked there "delinked" ecu to their pim without using TIS to change the vin to that of theirs, then the vin in that ecu will not match the immo stored..... damn E55...
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I need to figure out my bdm pinout so I can read one fully
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

delcowizzid wrote:I need to figure out my bdm pinout do I can read one fully
Yeah the topics gone a bit stale in progress now.... hopefully we can get some progress
vxm
cars: 2005 Cadillac CTS LY7

Post by vxm »

OK, status update over here:

I got job 1 done: I got a reman e55 from ac delco/rockauto and managed to program it using tis / tech2 passthrough. Car is running again.

I still want to replace the e55 with e77, or possibly some Delco instead of Bosch. I'll take advice on whether it's possible, advisable ('stick with the e55 and just keep replacing them')

Hearing that e77 has similar code structure to e55 is very interesting to me. How similar? Can e55 code run on e77? Trying to think about how I'd program an e77 to work in my car properly. Just patching up harnesses and expecting TIS to have a calibration for a car that in the US didn't ship with e77 (even though that engine has been used with e77 in other cars) seems like a lot of wishful thinking.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i think variable cam timing is the biggest hurdle, if it can do that then you should be able to swap anything onto it ?
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Code structure is similar but not compatible , e55 os starts at 0x40000 on e77 it starts ox20000
Main problem would be that on vz the pim (immobilzer) communicates with pcm directly on hi speed canbus and on ve the immobilizer is on lo speed canbus and uses bcm as comms gateway to e77, A vz and ve immobilizer also have different canbus id
vxm
cars: 2005 Cadillac CTS LY7

Post by vxm »

Right. It seems like using a different ECU with a standalone configuration might be possible, but using one to retain all the stock integrations (gauges, traction control, etc.) is more unlikely.

I have no idea whether my immobilizer is communicating on high or low, or talking through the BCM (I suspect not, because I removed the BCM temporarily and was still able to start the car. But I may be misunderstanding things.)

ACDELCO 10391431 {#25720679} is my BCM.

ACDELCO 10384710 is my anti-theft module (immobilizer?).

What is the right way to tell whether the PCM is communicating with the immobilizer on the high or low speed bus with bcm as comms gateway?
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

I can and have successfully disabled the immobiliser on the VE Bosch E77 and E69 ECUs. Send me the eeprom file and I'll do it for you. I read them with Flex in bench mode without opening it up. You can do the same with Ktag genuine or split it and BDM read with the hack version.
You just need to unplug the key reader/immo box and start the car. The customer with the E77 I did recently rang to say the alarm was going off but I'm sure all I need to do there is relearn the remote button. The 1 key they had was broken and he was away at work so I couldn't do that for them then but the car started first go with no engine immobilizer message anywhere at the time.
This was in a VE.
I saw flex also has a BDM diagram for E55 ECUs now too but I don't think we really have the need to use it any more so I'm not rushing to try it