95 Hilux ecotec swapped - 808ecu

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: 95 Hilux ecotec swapped - 808ecu

Post by Charlescrown »

Not sure what the law is in QLD but NSW if you buy a car privately without certificate you loose the car. Caryard deals you have a legal claim. I had a student once that bought a car and it was taken by the police as suspect stolen because of a dodgy VIN but he got it back because they couldn't prove it was really stolen. I'd be very suspect of just a letter and not a knock at the door.
Saintsinnerx
cars: Holden Vr 1993/1994 x2

Post by Saintsinnerx »

psyolent wrote:Just show the cops the receipt and that will go away quickly. Any funds transfers to support to that person and /or withdrawls from your account to support paying for it will nullify that claim.

Yeah ive shown all supporting documents, Car was not the guys to legally sell in the first place and he has been charged with theft so ive been told..

Car was payment for a owing one guy money but then paid him and he sold the car anyway..
ive been told the original owner still could claim the car back and i'd have to go to court to get my inital payment back from the kid..
or the original owner could not want the car back and chase the kid for the money to replace etc

Ill find out more info monday when the investigating officer can get back in and talk to me about it all.. so still no closer and no fucking idea.. don't want to do more work on the car as if im losing it i don't want to waste more of my money ill have to try and get back.. -_-
fucked thing to have happen..

Throttle body / Sensors have all arrived so once i get the all clear, this shit is going in, hopefully get all this sorted and ill be back to chugging away
Saintsinnerx
cars: Holden Vr 1993/1994 x2

Post by Saintsinnerx »

Charlescrown wrote:Not sure what the law is in QLD but NSW if you buy a car privately without certificate you loose the car. Caryard deals you have a legal claim. I had a student once that bought a car and it was taken by the police as suspect stolen because of a dodgy VIN but he got it back because they couldn't prove it was really stolen. I'd be very suspect of just a letter and not a knock at the door.
Rego doesn't prove ownership in QLD,
I have a bill of sale, with this kids name / signature and i had photo's of his license and everything
but he didn't actually own the car just looked like it on paper so it's 50/50 it's up to the original owner.. if he wants the car back then he gets it back and i loose all the work ive done on the car,
i can then chase the kid who sold it to me in court for all the money ive spent, this bullshit with the car will result in me also loosing a job, so ill have to chase the kid for full damages.. so ill never see a cent of that im sure..
so just gotta wait till monday and see what happens -_-
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Man thats fucked. I hope it all works out for you!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

after all the pain its caused you maybe see if they want it back hahaha ?