V6 ability for pcm hammer.

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Re: V6 ability for pcm hammer.

Post by Vampyre »

kur4o wrote:

Vampyre,
If you have access to more resources related with the OS list, can you generate a new list with the OS numbers linked with the checksum location for the given OS.
It needs to be a simple text file in the following format.
or
9352820:7231a
9352823:7231a
7231a is the address where the checksum is stored for OS p/n ...
i will take a look pretty sure most of the os's use the same check sum addy but ill look
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

im gonna just put it out there that 90% of those osids will not ever pop up, most v6 cars didnt go back to dealership for updates. I found that there are a few checksum address variants.

let me know what os and ill give you the check sum address
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Do you know for sure there is not a segment address index in a fixed location you can use to find the segment start? Sum will be at a fixed offset and that'll be a lot better than manually looking them all up.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

yeah no segments, single check sum for Os. parameter might have another check sum ill look to see.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

antus wrote:Do you know for sure there is not a segment address index in a fixed location you can use to find the segment start? Sum will be at a fixed offset and that'll be a lot better than manually looking them all up.

I went through some disassemblies and the addresses are hardbuilt, no reference at all. Making a list is the only option. The OSs that are released orbased on the same compiler can have the same address, but that is hard to spot by the number.
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

finally finished the checksum list by os, there might be a few doubles and I couldnt find some obscure osid files to get the checksums
If your osid is missing send me a copy of your file and ill get it for you.
Attachments
checksumsinorder.txt
(16.29 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Vampyre wrote:finally finished the checksum list by os, there might be a few doubles and I couldnt find some obscure osid files to get the checksums
If your osid is missing send me a copy of your file and ill get it for you.

Nice work I tested it on a bin library and lots of undefined OS popped up. I will try to get you a list with the missing OS.
I think I spotted some errors but given the pure number of these files it is not something to worry about.
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

Yeah I had a hard time finding files for vehicles ppl dont tune much like mini vans and alot of the missing ones were updates gm pushed out that no one ever got done
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

I updated the list with some more OSs. I am sure you will like it.
Attachments
GM-V6.txt
(25.33 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

So many os