Tuning with no speed sensor

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Tuning with no speed sensor

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

No JCA!

Your going the wrong way!

MAKE SURE THE CAR IS AT OP TEMP, then look at loog & screw the stop screw IN until you have zero to a max of 5 steps!

Then it will limit it fluctuating & be basic but work!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Hi, yep had a bit more of a play i had it at approx 30steps so turned stop screw till we had 0 steps approx 1050rpm in park, but had 5%tps so i drilled out the locateing holes a little so i have 0% tps all seemed pretty good but then has a shit fit after a while if i just unplug the iac it idles perfect with no stumble, its like the iac is trying to adjust the fuel mixtures ? , i'm also starting tom think it may have wiring issues as its been wired in to a vl and dosn't take much to foul the plugs.
Attachments
vl 5litre 286 cam ls1 injectors.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I'm no expert but sounds like it logs an error with something & tries to re-correct but knows it can't?

Maybe go to doc's solution can we force open loop idle or JAYME? Lol

Do you have an xdl?
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Hi, well i did max out kcltc so it was in open loop all the time while i tuned the ve table, it didn't idle 2 bad i guess the narrow band sensor does stuff all any way? any tricks on how to stop the plugs fouling on cold start i was hopeing to have a table to bump up the timing in relation to coolant temp to help burn the extra fuel.
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

i have found that if u just unplug the iac they will rattle open after a while causing high idle