Yeah is all good info thanks guy's but building that circuit may be a bit over my head?
Anyways, the fuel pump is from a BA XR6T & the harness is from a EF-EL, I originally tried using the ef-el type injector rail(had 2) but where the injector goes into them isn't deep enough & hasn't got enough material to drill them out trust me I tried(LOL).
I have a VT fuel pump that I'll use I think it'll supply enough pressure for testing purposes!
Home Made Injector Tester
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Home Made Injector Tester
STAGE 2:
Well I finally had a chance to hook it up to do testing to see what current's things are pulling:
51mm Denso Fuel pump 5.5 amps
ef-el injectors 0.75 amps & spray 1 solid stream & not massive amounts!
VT New type(greeny-bluey color) 0.9 Amps & mist of 4 streams & a lot more than ef-el type!
Well I finally had a chance to hook it up to do testing to see what current's things are pulling:
51mm Denso Fuel pump 5.5 amps
ef-el injectors 0.75 amps & spray 1 solid stream & not massive amounts!
VT New type(greeny-bluey color) 0.9 Amps & mist of 4 streams & a lot more than ef-el type!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
jacomms
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:25 pm
- cars: Commodore's .....what else?? :-)
- Location: Goulburn, NSW
Re: Home Made Injector Tester
Just a quick tip....the test tubes will fill very quick, an over flow container ia needed. We have a ASNU Injector cleaner and while in the pre set test selections the unit wont over flow unless you have a o ring on sealing or a crook injector. The ASNU flow bench controllers are prone to controller failure on one of the drivers. I have our units controller on my test bench for repairs right now (will take a quick snap and post), but in sayin that....they are a very good machine and a good source of income for a workshop.
Justin
Justin
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Home Made Injector Tester
LMAO, yeah I know about the test tubes overflow, I tested some BA stock XR6T injector a while back & 15 seconds of straight power would have nearly doube the size/amount of volume for those test tubes!
It's all a work in progress & working out bucket tubes to a quick release like I've seen in other injector test units!
The next thing is how to make an ultrasonic bath to actually clean them!
Thanks for input & info, photo's are all good!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
It's all a work in progress & working out bucket tubes to a quick release like I've seen in other injector test units!
The next thing is how to make an ultrasonic bath to actually clean them!
Thanks for input & info, photo's are all good!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Home Made Injector Tester
no need for ultra sonic bath just spray pure toulene through them that shit melts anything and everything known to man dont inhale it and make sure you have no sparks or ignition sorces cause perfectly atomised petrol or toulene is much more explosive than just normal fuel vapours floating round.filter baskets are cheap as on ebay for bags of 100 to bags of 1000
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
v6bucket
- Posts: 768
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am
Re: Home Made Injector Tester
Paint thinners works well too, as already stated, keep ignition sources away.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Home Made Injector Tester
Thanks for those tips guys! When I went to another workshop who had an actually injector test bench I'm pretty sure I remember him saying you can use kerosene also(but it could have been methylated spirits or turps?)
So Long as I kepp the test pressure the same for all injectors I think that would be the best result & it's holding strong at 3.5 bar in the stock vt rail with reg?
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
So Long as I kepp the test pressure the same for all injectors I think that would be the best result & it's holding strong at 3.5 bar in the stock vt rail with reg?
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Home Made Injector Tester
I started putting together a pulse controller last night while watching the qualifying at Spa.
With two pots controlling the rpm and duty cycle, you can simulate different load conditions and see how the injector responds.
You should also be able to determine an injector's dead time by finding the (high rpm low dc%) point where the injectors stop opening, and multiplying the period by the duty cycle to work out how long the injector takes to open.
By varying (and recording) the voltage to the injector, you should be able to put together a fairly accurate injector/voltage bias map for a given injector.
With two pots controlling the rpm and duty cycle, you can simulate different load conditions and see how the injector responds.
You should also be able to determine an injector's dead time by finding the (high rpm low dc%) point where the injectors stop opening, and multiplying the period by the duty cycle to work out how long the injector takes to open.
By varying (and recording) the voltage to the injector, you should be able to put together a fairly accurate injector/voltage bias map for a given injector.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Home Made Injector Tester
VERY INTERESTING!
It would certainly make it easier to get the scaling spot on!
It would certainly make it easier to get the scaling spot on!
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Home Made Injector Tester
Nice work 