Just to add my 2c, yes of course you can tune it with a bigger maf and the GM code. you can tune any of the stock GM commodore tunes. with enough experience, it can be made to work, but you have to get around certain limitations like at a certain boost level the GM code runs out of room and maxxes out in the code. anyway, in my opinion, specops, you are far from ready for that. im not saying you shouldnt try, just that its a long road to your goal and you arent going to get there in a few forum threads. my advice it so stop searching, and just pull up a chair and read interesting threads. if you want a few interesting threads, search for "MGC Limit" and read every thread that appears.
kalmaker will solve the problems of being able to tune it properly and you can add a MAP sensor to the existing cars ecu's rather than rewiring the whole engine to use a VN map sensor based ecu. the other catch it if someone has a 4l60E then you cant use a VN ecu and 12p to control the auto so you are up the creek and have to try to use the original ecu.
Convert maf - map apparantly its easy?
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Convert maf - map apparantly its easy?
The questions have been answered in this and other threads, but I have now added the following to the faq here: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=7&t=1396
I want to run boost on my ecotec. What are the options?
I want to run more than 8psi boot on my ecotec. Can I tune the factory tune further or install a bigger maf?
You have re-worked the VR manual code for the '808s with high speed comms and other major new features, and added realtime support to the supercharged tunes, so why is it harder to up the boost support?
Im keen to have a shot at modifying the code in a 128kB bin, any idea where to start?
Ive changed things and my AFRs are out. Can I adjust the fuel pressure to compensate?
I want to run boost on my ecotec. What are the options?
I want to run more than 8psi boot on my ecotec. Can I tune the factory tune further or install a bigger maf?
You have re-worked the VR manual code for the '808s with high speed comms and other major new features, and added realtime support to the supercharged tunes, so why is it harder to up the boost support?
Im keen to have a shot at modifying the code in a 128kB bin, any idea where to start?
Ive changed things and my AFRs are out. Can I adjust the fuel pressure to compensate?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396